[v35.8] Odd Entries Appearing on Record Sheets and Item Descriptions

The odd entries also appear on the record screen if you install the Lefruet's Improved Record Screen component from EEUITweaks on top of the vanilla SOD UI.  I don't know why your prior fix doesn't work on that component since it does work on Lefruet's enhanced UI, but the entries are there in that instance.   

Edited by Delior
3 hours ago, DavidW said:

...not using it? It's at present unsupported by ToF, and using them together is likely to lead to much more serious bugs than this.

It works perfectly fine with SCS, just this little issue is there. I'm not using ToF personally though I look forward to trying it sometime

Guest YLL
On 1/30/2024 at 11:13 PM, Delior said:

The odd entries also appear on the record screen if you install the Lefruet's Improved Record Screen component from EEUITweaks on top of the vanilla SOD UI. 

This issue is still present in the recent release (beta 7)

14 hours ago, dispenseri said:

It works perfectly fine with SCS, just this little issue is there. I'm not using ToF personally though I look forward to trying it sometime

Apologies, I'm mixing up report threads. (The underlying issue here is caused by a library that is common between the two games.) If you can give me a link to the official current version of dragonspear UI++ and a description of exactly where the issue occurs, I'll have a look when I get a chance. (I've had some trouble working out which version of dragonspear UI++ is official - there seem to be a bunch of forks.)

5 hours ago, DavidW said:

Apologies, I'm mixing up report threads. (The underlying issue here is caused by a library that is common between the two games.) If you can give me a link to the official current version of dragonspear UI++ and a description of exactly where the issue occurs, I'll have a look when I get a chance. (I've had some trouble working out which version of dragonspear UI++ is official - there seem to be a bunch of forks.)

I use this one, linked in the Beamdog forum's thread for the mod

https://github.com/anongit/DragonspearUI/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Thanks if you can look into it, I was under the impression you personally wouldn't try to support the mod.

The issue is the same as described by this thread's OP, class names are followed by odd strings (and character levels are also visually incorrect). Using 35.10 SCS

1 hour ago, dispenseri said:

Thanks if you can look into it, I was under the impression you personally wouldn't try to support the mod.

ToF and SCS are in slightly different positions here. ToF is centrally built around UI edits, and I'm only willing to support stable, officially-released UIs, and then only if they don't themselves have lua bugs. In SCS, UI edits are a side dish rather than a main course, and I try to be a little more accommodating.

I'm actually hoping I can get rid of the {K=n,C=p} stuff entirely on an SCS install, it's a by-product of ToF rather than something inherent to the mod.

1 hour ago, dispenseri said:

(and character levels are also visually incorrect)

Can you say more about this?

EEUITweaks is actively maintained here on G3 by Lefruet (see linked post below).  The "Improved Record Screen" component is by Lefruet and mirrors what the record screen looks like in Lefruet's enhanced UI mod.  I don't know why the odd entries still appear in that component while they are fixed in the enhanced UI mod.  I'll go ahead and tag @lefreut as he might know why.  

Edited by Delior
Just now, Delior said:

I don't know why the odd entries still appear in that component while they are fixed in the enhanced UI mod.  

Probably because I have to explicitly detect LEUI in order to patch the UI differently. This would require a bespoke detection of that specific menu and then a bespoke patch. Doable; might not get to it for a while though.

10 hours ago, Delior said:

EEUITweaks is actively maintained here on G3 by Lefruet (see linked post below).  The "Improved Record Screen" component is by Lefruet and mirrors what the record screen looks like in Lefruet's enhanced UI mod.  I don't know why the odd entries still appear in that component while they are fixed in the enhanced UI mod.  I'll go ahead and tag @lefreut as he might know why.  

I made some compatibility changes in LeUI for SCS / ToF but I did not have the time yet to backport all the fixes in EEUITweaks. I didn't try everything, but LeUI + SCS / ToF should mostly work. EEUITweaks + SCS / ToF is untested.

PS: it's not the end of the world but I see a lot of people misspelling my pseudo, it's lefreut no lefruet ;)