That error message is due to a corrupt file that was present in the originally-uploaded version of SCS 35.7. I deleted and reuploaded 35.7 after about half an hour with the corrupt file replaced, and have subsequently updated to 35.8 which doesn't have the corrupt file either, but it looks as if PI is somehow downloading the wrong version? I'm afraid I don't understand PI well enough to diagnose that.

@DavidW You have released v35.8 and day later, you have pushed this commit, which is newer than v35.8 tag and it's not part of the release. Then the release packages were manually created with different content and added into the release. So now when PI is downloading the mod, it uses v35.8 tag that doesn't contain the actual v35.8 code. Same if people are updating the mod. While git allows for certain things to fix this in a hackish way, the proper way to fix it now is to increment the version and create new release.

In the rush of new changes, bug reports, and fixes, things like this can easily get missed. Both IAP and Mod Release tools allow either for avoiding this problem or quickly spotting it.

@Kriznick Either wait until it get's fixed or manually download the latest package and do not update the mod untill the fix.

OK, yes, reflecting on it I can see why this creates problems - among other things the autogenerated zip file won't match. I probably need to do a new SCS release this evening anyway; I'll sort it then.

I hate GitHub with a venemous loathing, why did I ever let you all persuade me to start using it? :)

9 hours ago, DavidW said:

I’m afraid I only treat the actual release as canonical. I don’t make any promises about its synchrony with GitHub uploads.

Well, if you want players to have one-click, bulletproof updates, it's required to make it work. It also protects you: you will never get a false bug report because of corrupted archive extraction/malformed files/leftover files from previous releases. 

9 hours ago, DavidW said:

I hate GitHub with a venemous loathing, why did I ever let you all persuade me to start using it? :)

Homer Simpson Hiding GIF - Homer Simpson Hiding Straight Face GIFs