[SCS 35.9][IWDEE] Mummy "Unable to Heal" on hit effect doesn't have a status effect icon

Quite simply, everyone in my party is healed by drinking a healing potion, _except_ the half-orc berserker.

EDIT: Actually, she can't be healed at all. Cure light wounds and cure moderate wounds also have no effect, hmmm.
EDIT2: Killing her and casting Raise Dead doesn't fix. Resurrection also leaves her at 1hp.
EDIT3: Changed the title to more accurately reflect what's going on based on the following discussion.

I have a save game to repro it, but don't have enough available size to attach it. Attaching the save file that can repro it.

My (Admittedly, rather funky and suspicious) WeiDU.log below:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1600 // Use Baldur's Gate-style Insect Plague and Creeping Doom instead of Icewind Dale versions: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1610 // Use Baldur's Gate-style Mordenkainen's Sword in addition to Icewind Dale version: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Install all spell tweaks (if you don't select this, you will be given a chance to choose by category): 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2520 // Revised elementals and elemental summoning: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3510 // Wider availability of wizard spell scrolls in Icewind Dale: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5000 // Ease-of-use party AI: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6020 // Smarter general AI and better calls for help: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6510 // Improved fiends and celestials: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6550 // Smarter beholders: 35.9
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6700 // Revised Icewind Dale Undead: 35.9
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: v0.9.22.1-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature: v0.9.22.1-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable timer module - Visual indicators for modal actions, contingencies, and spell/item cooldowns: v0.9.22.1-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #3 // Timer module - Show modal actions (red bar): v0.9.22.1-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Timer module - Show contingencies (green bar): v0.9.22.1-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #5 // Timer module - Show spell/item cooldowns (cyan bar): v0.9.22.1-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Hotkey module - Edit override/B3Hotkey.lua to create advanced spell hotkeys: v0.9.22.1-alpha
~BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED/BUBB_SPELL_MENU_EXTENDED.TP2~ #0 #0 // Bubb's Spell Menu Extended: v4.7.1

000000024-Pots Don't Work.7z

Edited by marco_costa
Freed up space for attaching the sae, new info and the actual issue

Gatperdut: She doesn't have any cursed statuses visible, either on character record screen or mouseover shift from EEex. This is Kresselack's Tomb, there aren't any clay golems on the way here.

Connelly: Yea, I thought it was worth it to make a copy of the installation, uninstall Bubb's spell menu and EEex just to rule them out, and looks like they weren't the culprit. Behavior's the same.

Tinkering with EE Keeper, I see that she has a huge list of effects, like the other berserker in the party, but for some reason, she has a "Protection: from Opcode [101]" with parameter 17 (Current HP modifier). I removed it in EEKeeper and now her HP can change. Hopefully this is helpful to track down what caused it:

effects_list.jpg

So, your effects indicate immunity to the healing opcode. Which would likely be an effect on the character ... check save ... ah, there it is.

Immunity to "current HP bonus", source = DW#MUMCW.SPL, duration permanent (mode 9), bypass resistance/undispellable.

That source name looks like "mummy" to me, which probably means it's from "Revised Icewind Dale undead". A mummy's hit blocking healing - reasonable. Doing so permanently and undispellably - not reasonable.

And here's the code that creates the spell, in undead/undead.tpa:

Spoiler
     MAKE_PATCH
         say_name=>3
         add_basic_ability=>null
         add_effect_inline=>"opcode=>101 target=>2 timing=>9 parameter2=>17"
         add_effect_inline'=>"opcode=>296 target=>2 timing=>9 resource=>CLWOUNH"
         add_effect_inline'0=>"opcode=>296 target=>2 timing=>9 resource=>CMWOUNH"
         add_effect_inline'1=>"opcode=>296 target=>2 timing=>9 resource=>CSWOUNH"
         add_effect_inline'2=>"opcode=>296 target=>2 timing=>9 resource=>CCWOUNH"
         add_effect_inline'3=>"opcode=>296 target=>2 timing=>9 resource=>HEALH"
         add_effect_inline'4=>"opcode=>296 target=>2 timing=>9 resource=>SPHEALIN"
         add_effect_inline''=>"opcode=>267 target=>2 timing=>9 parameter1=>14022"
         add_effect_inline'''=>"at_end=>1 opcode=>324 target=>2 timing=>9 resource=>dw#mumcw"
     END
     LAF make_spell STR_VAR spell=dw#mumcw edits=patch_data END

A "mummy rot" spell, presumably attached to their attacks, that blocks healing. And it's permanent. How do you remove it? The next blocks patch all spells and items that cure disease to cure this.

Recommended change: add a "disease" icon to the mummy rot spell, so that players can see the effect and have an idea of how to counter it.

Edited by jmerry

Yea, I just found the "Unable to heal" effect in NearInfinity. Makes sense, we just fought the Mummy. So the effect just needs a way to remove it (and perhaps a status icon)?

I suppose as a hotfix to keep playing I could just EEKeeper anything related to DW#MUMCW from the list of character effects and I wouldn't break anything, yea? I'll drink a Mummy's Tea for reasons of Ethical SCS.

Edited by marco_costa
Joke

You cure it with a "Cure Disease" effect. Either that spell, or a more advanced spell that does the same thing (Neutralize Poison, Heal), or an item with the effect.

But it really should have an icon so you can see what's going on.

1 minute ago, marco_costa said:

I suppose as a hotfix to keep playing I could just EEKeeper anything related to DW#MUMCW from the list of character effects and I wouldn't break anything, yea?

Well, technically you woud only need to remove the opcode protection effect... but I would suggest first to to use remove nad cure spells, from a town clerics.. but if it doesn't work, then use the EEKeeper to remove all the effects if you like.. to continue the game.

2 minutes ago, marco_costa said:

@jmerry @Jarno Mikkola Yea, drinking Mummy's Tea works. Guessing that's a Cure Disease effect. So this is all about a missing icon, really. Thank you!

Thing is, the game doesn't really have a good system for adding icons to the portrait as effects. As they are all tied to the opcodes... it's an engine limitation..

5 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Thing is, the game doesn't really have a good system for adding icons to the portrait as effects. As they are all tied to the opcodes... it's an engine limitation..

The game flat-out has an opcode for adding a portrait icon (142). Sure, many other effects come with specific icons, like disease, but there's nothing stopping you from adding the disease icon to the spell. Or maybe a custom-named clone of that icon. And since this anti-healing effect is countered with "remove that spell" effects, any portrait icon will be seamlessly removed with it.

Well, there's no icon attached to that spell ... but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an existing disease effect tied to mummy attacks; BG2 mummies have a disease effect that inflicts 7 poison damage per round for five rounds if you fail the save, for example. It's possible that you resisted the obvious disease and got caught by the insidious one.

Edited by jmerry
2 hours ago, jmerry said:

The game flat-out has an opcode for adding a portrait icon (142). Sure, many other effects come with specific icons, like disease, but there's nothing stopping you from adding the disease icon to the spell. Or maybe a custom-named clone of that icon. And since this anti-healing effect is countered with "remove that spell" effects, any portrait icon will be seamlessly removed with it.

So you would add this:

add_effect_inline'5=>"opcode=>142 target=>2 timing=>9 parameter2=>101"

:D