Confusion and help required about EET with ProjectInfinity

So these are probably the questions to which many here already know the answers, but I am a little bit confused right now, so I feel like I need to ask. Mind you, I have tried reading through some topics here on gibberlings3 but I am unsure about some things.

OK, So first, I am not a completely inexperienced BG modder, and I have played the old trilogy and the new Larian game too. I also did a BG: Tutu on the old versions of the game a couple of decades ago and played EET. However, for the EET, I used that setup, which I realized is not recommended by many people around here, and let us not delve into the how and why that is... So, I wanted to do a new EET installation using Project Infinity, and.. that is where I got into trouble.

I have tried reading this, this, this, watched this, and this ... also this. Also, I found a topic with convenient excel file (EET Mod Install Order Guide) in some topics around here, where it has all the mod names listed as well as their incompatibilities, install order, etc 

My point here trying to be, I tried putting effort into understanding how things work, and what should I do but I am still confused about some, well probably obvious questions to those who know the answers to them.

Anyway, let me try to get to the point:

1. If I am using ProjectInfinity as a mod manager, and I am choosing the mods that I want to install, do I need those Weidu logs from that video (or similar kind of logs) or not. My assumption is that I do not because those logs will install those specific mods, and if I want my own mod order and mod pickings I need to download them manually, but do I need any WeiDu logs, or not?

2. I have seen that there are DLCMerger, and a few other mods that should be installed on BG1, before going through with EET.. but if I am using ProjectInfinity, do I install those mods manually on BG: EE, and then proceed to use Project Infinity to add EET and other mods... or do I use Project Infinity, but switch to SoD as a game, like in that video I already mentioned above, install all the mods I want to on BG: EE (or SoD to be more precise since I am having both, so SoD in upper left of ProjectInfinity panel).. OR I just install through project infinty and put those mods into Enhanced Edition Triligy - BG:SoD mods installation category?

3. OR is it enough to select the folder for extracted mods, select EET as a game that I am editing, and just download mods using Project Infinity_ basically, if I am using Project Infinity as a mod manager, do I still need to manually install BGEE mods, or do I have to install those mods first on SOD, and then add mods on EET.. or can I just add them all on EET and ProjectInfinty will sort them out?

4. Does install order matter, I mean of course it does. but if I am using project infinty, do I still need to install orders in the exact sequence required, or it doesn't matter. The confusion comes from the fact that in the projectinfinty i can move around and rearrange mods into different subcategories.. but i am not sure if that means that install order does not matter (think Skyrim and ModOrganizer, where you can move the mods around and change the order in which they are loaded into the game)

5. Lastly, I added projectinfinty to windows defender exceptions, and I tried adding ProjectInfinty to process list exception, but it is still blocked until I disable real time threat protection. What else should I add to the exception rules? I guess I prbobaly did not named the process right or?

1. No, you don't need any weidu logs. People often use them because it's the fastest way to do massive installations as it overrides the mod tree's install order. Also, it bypasses the mod tree entirely in terms of install order and 'checked' state. So it's like 'batch mode installation'.

2. While it's possible to manually install DLCMerger into SoD and use it as a base for EET, PI requires a clean SoD game. The easiest way would be to select BG2EE game (or EET which is just BG2EE-For-EET) and "put those mods into Enhanced Edition Trilogy - BG:SoD mods installation category". When it comes to EET, PI has a rule: everything before EET is installed into the SoD game. You can test this setup like this:

//[EET-BGSoD-Phase]

DlcMerger:1;"Siege of Dragonspear" DLC
bgqe:0;Slime Quest

//[EET-BG2EE-Phase]

EET:0;EET core (import zasobow);
A7#ImprovedArcher:0;Ulepszona podklasa Lucznika
EET_end:0;Standardowa instalacja

3. See 2, but PI won't sort any mods.

4. Yes, the install order does matter, PI doesn't have any built-in install order. But it has many ways of using community-created ones. If it's a simple EET install, you could just move mods at the mod tree and you should be fine.

5. Like this:

image.png.5e55829a9a79da3d300f083a4b85b7f4.png