Larloch's Minor Drain deals 4 more damage than documented

Larloch's Minor Drain, if I read the documentation correctly, is supposed to be changed to do 1d4 at level 1, and scale with levels. The issue is that it still keeps the parameter1 to 4, so it instead does (at level 1) damage between 5 and 8. I cleared the value to 0 with NI, and it goes back to 1d4 as intended.

I found this on the larloch.tpa (EDIT: this is in SCS v35.10, BTW):

spl.edit[%WIZARD_LARLOCH_MINOR_DRAIN%A %INNATE_LARLOCHS_MINOR_DRAIN%A|allow_missing:i=1 edit_strrefs_in_place:i=1]
			[
				m.ab.clone{s_level=3+2*entry_index|number:i=4}
				m.ab_fx.alter{s_dicenumber=p_level/2 + 1 s_dicesize=4 s_drain_hp_to_caster=1|match="s_opcode=12"}
			]

I suppose it lacks a s_parameter1=0 on the "alter" line.

PS: Look mom, I'm learning SFOv2, I think. 🙂

Edited by suy
Forgot to mention SCS version

I only have a BG1 install with this SCS version, but if you have one BG2 handy, check if Foebane uses SPWI119A or SPIN104A. If that's the case, it's affected. In a vanilla game, Foebane uses SPIN104A.

'comp' items are from One Pixel Productions, which was baked into the EEs. They're basically cosmetic copies of items but use a weapon animation that's supported by the creature animation that's supposed to be wielding it. In this case the comp Foebanes use long sword animations instead of bastard sword.

In this case it's unnecessary as Foebane +3 is wielded by a creature that supports bastard swords, and Foebane +5 is handed out by Cespenar, so neither of the copies are actually used.

2 hours ago, gatperdut said:

In the +5 versions the effects I found are (I think) SPIN104A, but they are described as "No such index"

Don't worry, the "no such index" is just that this spell doesn't have a description (which is fine because it's an implementation detail, not seen by the user, as the real spell is the one that doesn't end in "A").