Did I make a mess with my install?

I was installing tweaks, until I reached the rule changes. For the bastard sword I selected no and I regretted it; as soon as I was asked to install the next component (Two-Handed Katanas) I closed the dos prompt.

Now I checked my weidu, and it has no reference to all the things I've already installed. On top of this, the weidu tells me none of the components are already installed, even if the game has patched everything when I did my "first" install. Can anyone explain me what's going on? Just to be sure I skipped to the rule changes altogether, hoping that I won't miss the "content" that I think I've installed before.

This warning probably comes a little late, but forcibly quitting a WeiDU mod installation will almost always cause trouble since it prevents WeiDU from performing important cleanup operations at the end of the installation.

However, if you're adventurous you could manually add the entries of the installed components to the WeiDU.log, so that the installer can pick them up and provide uninstall options. No guarantee that it works though, and it probably works only correctly if you didn't installed any mods afterwards.

The general scheme is

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #x

where x indicates the designated number of the installed component.

If you don't know exactly which components were installed then you can look them up in the "weidu_external\cdtweaks\backup" folder. For each installed component there should be a subfolder with the name of the component number.

Guest Morgoth

Thanks for your help.

My question is the following: the things i had installed but weren't pointed in the weidu were installed correctly? Or am i supposed to reinstall the whole game and start modding again? 

I don't care about the whole list being visible in weidu, but I care that the game works anyway.

Like i said on Discord, I'd assume this install to be borked.

I'll post this here, too, although argent77 already stated it:

General heads up/ reminder: never, ever, force-close a command window via the x button. It makes the little world it operates in implode without the chance to exit in a controlled manner.

6 hours ago, jastey said:

Like i said on Discord, I'd assume this install to be borked.

If he knows which components were installed, he can manually add them to Weidu.log, and then fire up the CDTweaks installer, and uninstall them. 

Which, admittedly, will be a lot of work and super annoying. 

@Morgoth it bears repeating: never ever hard-close the Weidu installer window. Even when it isn’t doing anything, it is an open ongoing process and interrupting that process will corrupt whatever it was doing. And with BG mods, one corrupted mod will screw up everything that comes after it. 

The crazy thing is, at that moment the window clearly offered an option to press ‘Q’ to properly end the process. That’s all you had to do.