Altered spells

Drew

It mentioned in the readme that the altered charm animal automatically charms all animals on the map. Does that mean that it is a passive ability now or merely that there is no saving throw? Also...do you think installing altered spells after refinements would cause any problems (ie cold comet) or would that be a better question for their forum? Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question. :thumbsup:

It mentioned in the readme that the altered charm animal automatically charms all animals on the map.  Does that mean that it is a passive ability now or merely that there is no saving throw?

Neither. It's still selected, but now it targets every animal on the map, and works automatically.

Also...do you think installing altered spells after refinements would cause any problems (ie cold comet) or would that be a better question for their forum?  Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question. :thumbsup:

If they've made changes to Comet, then whichever you install last should be the one that you see the effects of in the game--depending on exactly what they've done, of course.

thanks. *grumble* now that I know it won't likely cause any problems I'm gonna have to install it. Which means I'm gonna have to uninstall your favorite mod first and then reinstall it after I'm done. That's gonna take a while. Oh well..... :thumbsup:

If they've made changes to Comet, then whichever you install last should be the one that you see the effects of in the game--depending on exactly what they've done, of course

We've made a few touches here and there, yes, but nothing that would clash with the cold-comet modification.

As I remember, I modified the damage of Comet to 50% crushing and 50% fire, and we added a druidic version of this HLA to Avengers. Thats all. Oh, and of course descriptions were changed as well.

Thanks, both of you for the prompt answer. I installed the component and liked it. I only have one suggestion about the charm animal alteration. Having 4 moose, 2 deer, 3 marmots, a tiger and some squirrels all following me around imnesvale was kinda wierd imho. Don't get me wrong, it isn't exactly difficult to just not use the "select all" key but I think it would be neat if the charmed animals didn't actually take orders. Make them allied but not under your direct control, the way ascension balthazar was. They won't follow you around, but if you are threatened and they see it they would help.

As they are, they are actually just like Ascension Balthazar; their regular scripts kick in whenever you don't give them direct orders, and Select All includes Balthazar in Ascension, too. Making them not take direct orders is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how to do it or even if it's feasible.

I didn't know Balthazar would respond to select all. Ascension is such a tough fight that I always controlled everyone manually.....oh, well. Considering how many times I've played ascension through I actually feel kinda stupid now.

As they are, they are actually just like Ascension Balthazar; their regular scripts kick in whenever you don't give them direct orders, and Select All includes Balthazar in Ascension, too.  Making them not take direct orders is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how to do it or even if it's feasible.

There are definitely ways of doing it. We came across all sorts of weird and wonderful effects like this when trying to fix charm for Tutu. I forget exactly what achieved the result you're after, but you might try asking Ghrey.

Guest MoonElf

How about making it convert all hostile creatures to be neutral? or make them GOODBUTBLUE, I think it would be nice to have the wildlife still act on their own when friendly.

Archived