OG Planescape Torment... NI not working

Anyone know if NI works with Planescape Torment? I have it installed from GOG games, and the file setup looks pretty weird. Lots of .BIF files are no in the /data folder, but out in the main game folder.

The upshot is, NI cannot load any of the .WED or .TIS or even .BMP files, which means I cannot view the .ARE files.

(I own PSTEE on iOS but I guess I was too late to download the .ipa file so I cannot access the files. And I'm not about to pay full price for another copy of the game that I already own twice, just to inspect the files. :( )

Edited by subtledoctor

I don't know if or how the GOG version is different, but in my oPST (disc) version all biff files can either be found in the root directory or the "CDALL" subfolder. Whether the game (and NI) can find them depends on the path definitions in Torment.ini and how biff files are referenced in the chitin.key.

59 minutes ago, argent77 said:

I don't know if or how the GOG version is different, but in my oPST (disc) version all biff files can either be found in the root directory or the "CDALL" subfolder.

There's no CDALL folder, but otherwise for the GOG version I have 185 biffs in the game root and another 188 in the data folder.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Against all logic and caution, I moved the .BIF files that are in the /data folder, out of the /data folder. And now it works fine. Weird.

It should work fine if the "data" folder is specified in the path definitions in Torment.ini (or maybe *not* specified in your case) rather than hardcoded directly in the chitin.key.