Sahuagin Scout Spoiler question

27 minutes ago, jastey said:

No, he can't be saved

Poor beast, a noble heart could have given him the beer instead of to a psychopathic executioner... keeping him alive and ready to escape once the mushrooms had been eliminated.😢

So let me get this right:  a Sahuagin Scout who has eaten no less than four local fishermen and who is part of the vanguard of an evil army intent on invading the Sword Coast if not Baldur's Gate itself has been captured, and you want to give it a glass or bucket or barrel of water and send it on it's merry way?  Okay, that's fine and quite empathetic of you, but I feel like such a course of action would have some repercussions down the road.

[Note that I don't actually recall the backstory of this particular Sahuagin, but I feel the above scenario likely holds.]

Posted (edited)

I don't care how many fisherman he ate, he's cute! :) The idea of a prisoner dying of thirst even if you leave the door open for him is sad. He seems like a relatively peaceful fellow and there's already a fillable barrel in the mod. 

I'm not saying you have to send him on his merry way. Though maybe if he did escape it could lead to some event where you get a choice of diplomacy instead of battle; or some quests similar to the smugglers and slavers, where you can either assist or betray fishy invaders. There's already a lot of roleplay stuff in the mod, and hell I've got two drow and a half-orc in my party, so go all-in and give me a fishman companion too.

Can doppelgangers impersonate Sahuagin? What if we follow that thread...?

Really these are just ideas that no one has to take seriously, so jastey and co. can feel free to ignore, or go full-on SAHUAGIN'S GATE!

Edited by Sanderson

In countrary to most BG quest, good deeds should not always give good outcomes... 

In this case helping the Sahuagin scout will make there evil plans easier as they will know how to break in; You help them to raid the seatower. As we use to say in french: "trop bon, trop con" but that would be great and less manichean than ever.

FWIW, a Sahuagin could only stay out of water for 4 hours and hate fresh water...

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, jastey said:

That made me laugh! 😆

Maybe the scout was sent because of the doppelgangers interfering with sahuagin society, as they did with the smugglers (and the merchant guilds, and Durlag etc.) The sahuagin people can't afford war meanwhile the doppelgangers orchestrate it. 

8 hours ago, TotoR said:

In countrary to most BG quest, good deeds should not always give good outcomes... 

In this case helping the Sahuagin scout will make there evil plans easier as they will know how to break in; You help them to raid the seatower. As we use to say in french: "trop bon, trop con" but that would be great and less manichean than ever.

FWIW, a Sahuagin could only stay out of water for 4 hours and hate fresh water...

If helping the scout has an evil outcome then that would be ok. Helping the sahuagin invade would certainly be a new roleplay choice. The salt-water thing is a new wrinkle though...

Like I said before, SAHUAGIN'S GATE!!! :)

Edited by Sanderson