[Released MOD] Call of the Lost Goddess - A quest mod for BG2EE

Posted (edited)

The mod updates to V 1.1

I have switched from ISO-8859-15 to UTF-8 to facilitate the translation process. I have also replaced some remaining purely male pronouns with <PRO_HIMHER>.

Changelog version 1.1:

Spoiler
  • changed all tra-files to UTF-8
  • removed autotra folder and iconv
  • changed 6 "him" to <PRO_HIMHER>
  • succubus and infant in area AC#W4S now disappear if Gildaar is already dead
  • the vrock in ac#w60 now teleports away when no enemies are nearby
15 hours ago, Gorionar said:

Congratulations on the release. Finally, we saw what a combination of art, programming and writing a story for a mod is. I wish you further continuation of BG modding.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Acifer

I'm currently playing this mod (beta 0.7, I couldn't update it in my current run) and I'm having a blast.

It's official addon material, the arts, graphics, story, quests, items, encounters, plot twists...

I really like the details, like

Spoiler

having to use something in order to properly cast spells.

I have a question about it : with the neutral cleric item, my druid can cast fire elemental summoning, but Anomen with the good cleric item can't cast aerial servant. He probably needs the elemental summoning item, but I was wondering why my druid doesn't need it ?

The demons are exactly how they should be : cunning, traitorous, plotting...

Thank you for this awesome mod. 😃

16 hours ago, Acifer said:

The mod updates to V 1.1

I have switched from ISO-8859-15 to UTF-8 to facilitate the translation process. I have also replaced some remaining purely male pronouns with <PRO_HIMHER>.

Changelog version 1.1:

Reveal hidden contents
  • changed all tra-files to UTF-8
  • removed autotra folder and iconv
  • changed 6 "him" to <PRO_HIMHER>
  • succubus and infant in area AC#W4S now disappear if Gildaar is already dead
  • the vrock in ac#w60 now teleports away when no enemies are nearby

Thank you very much!

Great, I have started translating Chinese and have completed the translation of about 20 tra files.

20 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

I'm currently playing this mod (beta 0.7, I couldn't update it in my current run) and I'm having a blast.

Thank you very much! I'm very glad that you like the mod!

Regarding the power keys:

Spoiler

I wasn't sure about druids being subject to the same restrictions as clerics. The source material is not clear on this. I need to take a closer look at this again. Is Anomen in your game of good alignment and no longer neutral?

6 hours ago, lzw104522773 said:

I have started translating Chinese and have completed the translation of about 20 tra files.

Thank you for your contribution!

Regarding EET:

Unfortunately the new area is misaligned on some worldmaps in EET installations. Goldspires is located in the north in Icewind Dale. 😟

I will fix this in the next update.

7 hours ago, Acifer said:

Regarding the power keys:

Reveal hidden contents

I wasn't sure about druids being subject to the same restrictions as clerics. The source material is not clear on this. I need to take a closer look at this again. Is Anomen in your game of good alignment and no longer neutral?

Yes he's LG.

I just finished yesterday, it was on a no reload run and two fights almost ended it.

I always felt in danger during all the quest, the atmosphere is really well done.

I was caught off guard by

Spoiler

the dragon, but its scales definitely were worth it. Also the elf lover was really hard since I only had one power key to share between Nalia and Neera.

I was prepared for Verin but he still was a beast.

Now my druid can continue his no reload run protected against

Spoiler

imprisonment and death, so it was a fruitful challenge. 🙂

I have completed the Chinese translation and tested the installation, and no issues were found.

In addition, it is necessary to create a new discipline subdirectory in the "Godcall \ wav \ voiceover" directory, and then copy the files from "Godcall \ wav \ voiceover \ English" to "Godcall \ wav \ voiceover \ discipline". This way, there will be no error prompts when installing the component [AI voiceover for major NPCs of the mod (mostly in English)].

image.jpeg.61af9684f71112a0ecb3311fa5276898.jpeg

I will send you the Chinese file as an attachment.

Godcall(Simplified Chinese).7z

Congrats on the release! Sadly I am a bringer of bad (install error) news:

//[godcall/lib/cre_script_functions.tpa] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0--1
//Near Text: //    invalid character [// HINT: Don't use MS Word to edit your .tp2 files - use ConTEXT (http://www.context.cx instead).
//[godcall/lib/cre_script_functions.tpa]  ERROR at line 1 column 0--1
//Near Text: //    Parsing.Parse_error
//ERROR: parsing [godcall/lib/cre_script_functions.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error

I opened that .tpa file and it was full of those NUL symbols.

Weird. The .tpa looks like this:

Spoiler
DEFINE_PATCH_FUNCTION CRE_insert_script_high
     STR_VAR
         arguments=""
BEGIN
     FOR (i=0x248;i<0x270;i=i + 8) BEGIN
        READ_ASCII i ~test~
        SET blank=0
        PATCH_IF ~%test%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~~ OR ~%test%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~none~ BEGIN
           SET blank=i
           SET i=0x270
        END
     END
     PATCH_IF blank=0 BEGIN // merge the first two scripts, but check both exist first!
     // Hier ist der Merge-Teil. Kann potentiell zu Problemen führen, wenn Mods, die später installiert werden, Änderungen an dem gemergten Skript vornehmen.
     END ELSE BEGIN
           FOR (i=blank;i>0x248;i=i - 8) BEGIN
              READ_ASCII i - 8 ~move~
              WRITE_ASCIIE i ~%move%~ (8)
           END
           WRITE_ASCIIE 0x248 ~%arguments%~ (8)
     END
END

13 minutes ago, Connelly said:

I opened that .tpa file and it was full of those NUL symbols.

At the moment I have no idea why your .tpa looks different.... I'll have to think about it for a bit and can't offer a quick solution, except maybe trying to copy the above code into your scrambled .tpa file.

Actually don't worry, looked deeper and all the other files in the lib folder were either full of NUL symbols or "empty" despite weighting more than a few kbs. But the files in the compressed download do have good code. So, false alarm I guess. Chalk it up to weird decompression anomaly? 🤷‍♂️

Im in the Abyss at the Tree of Cowards and Im stuck as to what to do. Says something about realeasing them from their fear. I have explored the whole map and I am at a loss as to what to do.

2 hours ago, Psionica said:

Im in the Abyss at the Tree of Cowards and Im stuck as to what to do. Says something about realeasing them from their fear. I have explored the whole map and I am at a loss as to what to do.

what could temporarily remove fear?

15 hours ago, Acifer said:

I hope @Trouveur80's answer has helped, that's exactly what is needed. 😉

Yes, thanks. I went back and there was 1 place that i didn't loot. I figured it out. And as of now at least I finished the main plotline I think of this mod. I have to say so far its very unique mod to play, love the intereactions of the NPCs to the new areas and such. Was wondering one thing though, I also brought the FADE mod along and with her heritage there was no intereaction, so I assume no crossover with that mod.

22 minutes ago, Psionica said:

I have to say so far its very unique mod to play, love the intereactions of the NPCs to the new areas and such.

Thank you very much!

23 minutes ago, Psionica said:

I also brought the FADE mod along and with her heritage there was no intereaction, so I assume no crossover with that mod.

Regarding crossmod content: This must be done by the creators/maintainers of the relevant NPCs. I don't want to let their characters say something that the authors might not like.

Lava has written several lines for Hephernaan for this mod, if other NPCs should have something to say as well, I will gladly take suggestions from the mod authors and include them.