Xan left the party after Imoen made him wear pink, still hasn't come back

Guest Anerion

Guest Anerion

Imoen and Xan have a humorous interaction in Baldur's Gate where Imoen tells him that perhaps the way to cure his depression is to change his dressing style, so she makes him wear pink, jewelry etc., and his portrait changes to reflect that. After some more banter I think I told him something that made him leave the party (his portrait disappeared and he ran towards the city, and basically "off the game space"), and hours since then he still hasn't come back. Did I make him leave the party for good? Is there a way, either via the console or NearInfinity, to bring him back?

Guest Anerion
4 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

You could always use the console and

C:CreateCreature("xan")

I tried, but that creates a completely new instance of his character so when I talk to him he has the same conversation as when you first find him in Mulahey's lair, and all our past interactions, conversations, his inventory etc. are reset. I would like a way to bring back "the" Xan, i.e. the game object that has been with me since the beginning back. Normally I wouldn't be that concerned, but for lore/role play reasons I want him to be with me when I enter the Iron Throne's HQ and advance in the main quest cause part of his backstory is that he was sent by his people to investigate the Iron Throne, so I don't want to miss out on any dialogue by him, and also in my headcanon successfully completing his mission might give him a slightly less gloomy outlook on life.