Bugfix bugs

CamDawg probably already saw this. I can't remember which of these (if any) are included here, but it's some good feedback.

If the slay effect is removed from the sunstone bullets will they still instantly destroy the shadow altar? In the umodded game it does this.
Nice catch. The only PLATE class creatures in the game are cutspies, observers, some other statue-like invisibles, and the shadow altar. The bullets and altar class need to remain unchanged. There is one shadow altar copy in ToB that may need to be examined (I think there's somewhere you can nab more of these bullets in ToB).

The current baldurdash "fix" for the blades offensive spin makes it now work in tandem with haste and improved haste.
I can't remember what the bug and fix were, but immunity to effect: haste should kill this.

Also, I didn't see anything mentioned about the exploit where wearing the ring of free action allowed the blade to move normally while in defensive spin.
Yeah, the movement rate set is protected against. Not really any solution, but I guess protecting against defensive spin would be better than "free" AC bonus.

While wearing the ring of free action potions of speed still work normally. I assume that's a bug as well. Thanks!
Somebody has to check, but I'm guessing we protect against haste now, too. It will still look like it's doing something, but it shouldn't really be hasting the character.

The bug for the blade offensive spin was that it disabled the offhand attack. To compensate for this offensive spin added the attack and increased movement speed, rather than applying a haste effect. The only side effect of this is that haste now works in conjunction with offensive spin. Unmodded, haste would do nothing in offensive spin and improved haste would supersede any attack bonuses granted by offensive spin. In other words in offensive spin a hasted, dual wielding blade would get 4 apr, not 6. His attacks would still do full damage, but they wouldn't get +2 damage. I believe it was also baldurdash that fixed this. :)

If the slay effect is removed from the sunstone bullets will they still instantly destroy the shadow altar? In the umodded game it does this.
Nice catch. The only PLATE class creatures in the game are cutspies, observers, some other statue-like invisibles, and the shadow altar. The bullets and altar class need to remain unchanged. There is one shadow altar copy in ToB that may need to be examined (I think there's somewhere you can nab more of these bullets in ToB).

Yeah, I found a few creatures in ToB that are designated as PLATE, but don't have immunity to slay: FSGLOB (Globe Machine), GORLUM (Machine of Lum the Mad), and GORTOR[1-6] (Torch). Of these, they use Doom Guard and Bird animations, so I'm not even sure if they're target-able.

The current baldurdash "fix" for the blades offensive spin makes it now work in tandem with haste and improved haste.
I can't remember what the bug and fix were, but immunity to effect: haste should kill this.

Fixed.

Also, I didn't see anything mentioned about the exploit where wearing the ring of free action allowed the blade to move normally while in defensive spin.
Yeah, the movement rate set is protected against. Not really any solution, but I guess protecting against defensive spin would be better than "free" AC bonus.

Yeah, the ring will trump spin in this instance. I like devSin's suggestion of making the RoFA disallow defensive spin. This is added.

While wearing the ring of free action potions of speed still work normally. I assume that's a bug as well. Thanks!
Somebody has to check, but I'm guessing we protect against haste now, too. It will still look like it's doing something, but it shouldn't really be hasting the character.

Err, no, we missed haste completely. This is added as well.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I found a few creatures in ToB that are designated as PLATE, but don't have immunity to slay: FSGLOB (Globe Machine), GORLUM (Machine of Lum the Mad), and GORTOR[1-6] (Torch). Of these, they use Doom Guard and Bird animations, so I'm not even sure if they're target-able.
I think I gave all these the green light. It's the BioWare-supplied behavior, anyway, so we can't really get shot for just leaving it alone.

Archived