Ioun stones animation for EE has glitches

I recently tried to install Item Revisions (different versions I found in the internet) and for all of them the Ioun stones animation has it is usual EE glitches (as in the image). Did I install something wrong or it is like this for everyone? Is there a mod/way to have ioun stones animation to be without glitches for EE?

Screenshot_20240501_204944.png.489d5eb6fbddc71ca9193f807274bc31.png

The EEs don't limit BAM frame dimensions to 255x255 px like oBG2 did, so you can just combine the top and bottom halves of the animations into single frames.  I can do it in the next day or two if you don't get to it first.

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 1:15 PM, paladin84 said:

Oh, good to know. I will try to do it then.

I started playing around with it tonight.  I can mostly automate the combining process with PS BAM.  The VVCs will need to be edited to use only the first of the two BAMs (I've kept the offsets in that BAM the same).  First one attached.  However, the 1st and last frames end up in the same position but aren't the same graphically.  Should I remove one or the other?  After your answer I'll finish combining them tomorrow.

[attachment removed]

Edited by Sam.
8 hours ago, Sam. said:

Should I remove one or the other?  After your answer I'll finish combining them tomorrow.

It looks like there is a slight delay in the animation, because there are two the same frames. So, it would probably be better to remove first or last frame.

Posted (edited)

@paladin84

Sent you the modified BAMs at SHS.  BTW, I misremembered how these worked.  You don't need to edit the VVCs.  You'll need to edit the items to play only the first VVC and not the second.

Edit:  That didn't work as I expected (same issue as here).  Working on figuring it out.

Edited by Sam.
Posted (edited)

Try these with helm18.itm and VVCs as-is.  Seems to work for me, but not sure how robust it is.  I have a second idea if this one doesn't work out.

[attachments removed]

Edit:  These weren't very good either.  They fixed the issue with the gaps, but made the animations doubly dark because they were playing on top of each other.  More importantly, rapidly pausing and unpausing while fully zoomed in de-synced the two animations, so it would gradually appear as if two separate ioun stones were circling, but buggy.  Is is probably true of all split foreground/background animations, but was particularly noticeable here.

The solution was that because the ioun stone animations didn't need to actually pass behind the character model (just over their head), and single animation+VVC could be used for the entire circuit, but the offsets had to be adjusted to get everything ordered right.

Edited by Sam.