imoen keeps leaving

Guest marty

Guest marty

Hi all, i just downloaded this great mod (v8 for BGT) but i get this strange problem where imoen keeps asking to leave the party "until ive changed my ways". At first it was only periodic, but now she leaves right when put her pack in!

How can i fix this bug?

Hmm it seems that even when i talk to her right at the beginning the only dialogue that i can trigger is her saying she'll leave "until you've changed yer ways".

I talked with Montaron and Xzar and everything seems to be fine. So I think the problem is only with Imoen. sigh...too bad, she's one of my favourite characters :)

DISCLAMER: I am not qualified to troubleshoot BGT. Below is my guiess how to fix your problem.

Try the following: open her J file and see if there is a block like this:

IF ~True()~ THEN BEGIN 0

SAY ~Imoen is quitting*~

Replace True() with an impossible condition:

IF ~Global("P#ImoenWillNeverLeaveMeNow","GLOBAL",1)~

If after that she gives you a valid dialogue, nice and good. If she starts repeating another dialogue then you most probably got a bugged script with an open Global somewhere.

It is not coming from her in-game files - I checked the J (IMOEN2.DLG) and it does not have the True() strings. I think you are better off trying to ask the BGT team to troubleshoot for you. Sorry :)

Archived