Evil Characters don't leave with high rep

I've been running around with 19 rep and Viconia and Korgan in my party for quite some time. Now I just got a boost up to 20 rep and they still aren't leaving. I think they did say their leaving lines ( audable not text ) but they didn't go anywhere. Also they don't do their unhappy lines anymore ( korgan "you'd best be changin your tune... etc" ).

If I kick them out they leave and disappear forever ( which I think is normal ).

I've been running around with 19 rep and Viconia and Korgan in my party for quite some time. Now I just got a boost up to 20 rep and they still aren't leaving. I think they did say their leaving lines ( audable not text ) but they didn't go anywhere.

What's your Charisma?

Also they don't do their unhappy lines anymore ( korgan "you'd best be changin your tune... etc" ).

That's normal, the Angry line replaces the Unhappy line when they become angry, and the Break line replaces the Angry line when they hit the breakpoint. If your Charisma is high enough, they should be saying their Break lines semi-regularly, the way they used to say their Angry lines.

If I kick them out they leave and disappear forever ( which I think is normal ).

Yes.

I didn't think charisma had any effect on happiness. I'd be inclined to say there isn't anything in the fix pack that could prevent the NPC break. Are you in ToB? Do you have any other mods installed? Is HAPPY.2DA in your override folder (it shouldn't be)?

No, a feature as old as the game.  Try removing the boosters and doing something to make your Reputation go higher.

Well I removed all boosters ( my charisma is actually 9 ) and I dismissed viconia which automatically boosts rep by 2.

All the characters expressed discontent but Korgan did not leave.

I then reloaded and got my charisma down to 1 using the rod of terror.

Dismissed Viconia and still Korgan didn't leave. He says something about pigs bladders but I thats all I could understand.

I do not have any mods installed but the fix I installed from here. I installed all the options ( I think there were 4? ).

I am currently in the graveyard in Shadows of Amn. I have TOB installed of course. My rep is 20 and it has been 20 for quite a while.

My party is me ( sorcerer ), korgan, viconia, cernd, haer dalis, yoshimo.

I really have never heard of charisma effecting anything but buying prices and a few dialog options.

Are you sure you're not thinking of another game?

Archived