You guys really screwed up the holy symbols.

What the heck is a symbol of baervan?

I am using aerie and when she got her holy symbol she got what looks like a racoon head and it says holy symbol of baervan.

THEN I dismissed her and recruited her back again, and she gained a holy symbol of lothander. She also still had the holy symbol of baervan.

THEN I gave the symbol of lothander to anomen ( who is now lawfull good from passing his test ) and the holy symbol of lothander changed to a symbol of helm.

And to make matters more confusing, both aerie and anomen can equip both symbols, although neither should be able to equip the symbol of helm.

I suggest just making it like it was, and just removing the script / code / whatever that gives a new symbol each time a character joins the party. Who cares about anomen, he should be far done with his quest by the time he reaches level 25.

What the heck is a symbol of baervan?

Probably a holy symbol of Aerie's deity. You know, Baervan Wildwanderer?

Who cares about anomen, he should be far done with his quest by the time he reaches level 25.

And he should not get a holy symbol of Lathander under any circumstances, since he's a priest of Helm.

Probably a holy symbol of Aerie's deity.  You know, Baervan Wildwanderer?

No I don't.

Her class says cleric / mage, I don't see any indication she would have a different diety from any other lawfull good cleric.

And he should not get a holy symbol of Lathander under any circumstances, since he's a priest of Helm.

Well he starts as lawfull neutral so technically if the symbol's alignment restriction actually worked he would need a new one when he became lawfull good.

I think I have a perfect fix:

Why not make the symbols character specific like the character only items and ignore alignment restrictions altogether.

And oh yes, keep them from being given more then once.

Probably a holy symbol of Aerie's deity.  You know, Baervan Wildwanderer?

No I don't.

Her class says cleric / mage, I don't see any indication she would have a different diety from any other lawfull good cleric.

She talks about it in banters and in her romance. One of her action lines is "In Baervan's name, it shall be done."

I guess that the issue with the item is precisely because there is some NPC specific fiddling going on to let Anomen keep his Helm Symbol and to make a Baervan Symbol for Aerie. . But I'm only guessing. :)

I guess that the issue with the item is precisely because there is some NPC specific fiddling going on to let Anomen keep his Helm Symbol and to make a Baervan Symbol for Aerie. . But I'm only guessing. :)

Well I did notice a text saying "party loses and item" and then right after that saying "party gains an item".

Still, this has to be one of the worst ways of dealing with this issue.

They need to just make character only symbols.

As for created characters, all exept the main hero cannot change alignments, so there is no issue there.

And as for the main hero... I am not sure what you would do there :)

I would say just give him one holy symbol that requires a certain alignment and if he changes his alignment by picking an evil path in hell too bad, thats part of the downside.

The holy symbol switch for Anomen, Aerie and Viconia is in the "Not a fix but cool component." This is because it is "not a fix but cool."

Oh, as for the thing about gaining two holy symbols, this is a bug that shows up without the switch.

If we have the spell that grants the holy symbols set a local variable, and then have a spell cast on the NPC that grants protection from the spell that grants holy symbols, (such a horrible sentence) we should be able to prevent this. We probably can't have the spell grant immunity to itself because, as it is from a kit, it would be removed and reapplied. As I think I've already proposed, the local variable setting could also be used to prevent Aeire swapping out any old holy symbol of Lathander.

Archived