Bug: Imoen's Banter File...

// Imoen gets her groove back. And her banter file.
COPY_EXISTING ~interdia.2da~ ~override~
 SET_2DA_ENTRY 17 1 2 ~BIMOEN2~ // this fixes ToB version
 IF ~IMOEN~
 UNLESS ~BIMOEN2~
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~IMOEN       BIMOEN2~ // fixes SoA version
 UNLESS ~BIMOEN2~

So the first one is meant to set post-Spellhold and ToB Imoen's banter file if there's an IMOEN entry but it doesn't already have BIMOEN2? Its not working as BIMOEN25 (her ToB banter file) technically contains BIMOEN2 in it's name. I tried tweaking it on my copy to UNLESS ~BIMOEN2 *~ but that was still not working. Any thoughts?

The second one adds a banter file for the CI Imoen unless the post-Spellhold and ToB Imoen has a banter file? Eh?

So the first one is meant to set post-Spellhold and ToB Imoen's banter file if there's an IMOEN entry but it doesn't already have BIMOEN2? Its not working as BIMOEN25 (her ToB banter file) technically contains BIMOEN2 in it's name. I tried tweaking it on my copy to UNLESS ~BIMOEN2 *~ but that was still not working. Any thoughts?

Try using ~BIMOEN2 ~ and forget about the *. Odds are pretty good that there's more than one space there.

Try using ~BIMOEN2 ~ and forget about the *. Odds are pretty good that there's more than one space there.

Yeah I just thought about this. * includes 0 copies of the previous character. Man, I'm retarded...

We're overthinking this.

// Imoen gets her groove back. And her banter file.
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~saradush.mve~ THEN BEGIN
 COPY_EXISTING ~interdia.2da~ ~override~
   SET_2DA_ENTRY 17 1 2 ~BIMOEN2~ // fixes ToB version
   BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END ELSE BEGIN
 APPEND ~interdia.2da~ ~IMOEN       BIMOEN2~ // fixes SoA version
   UNLESS ~BIMOEN2~
END

Archived