Lagole Gon not flagged as undead?

Are you sure he was hostile? He starts out neutral, and I think they wisely decided to make it so that you can't turn neutral CREs.

The real fun happens when Deril casts an area effect spell and damages Lagole: because of WTASIGHT, Lagole goes nuts and starts attacking Deril.

If you're still at this point in the game, I'd suggest reloading and trying once without saving Cernd (just say "You're on your own, bub") -- the cutscene and especially the journal entry are funny.

He's classified as undead in the default game data. So it's probably something else (he's *very* high-level (29), so it could just be failing naturally).

Well I attacked him ( like always do  ) and he turned red and I still couldn't turn him.
I used to, but since I fixed up some of the interaction (Deril was supposed to whine when he reaches 50% HP) and made changes to keep him from pummeling Deril, it's more fun to leave him untouched. I wanted to make him a fighter/mage (since he's already level 29/30) and see how god-like he can be, but I didn't bother.
He's classified as undead in the default game data. So it's probably something else (he's *very* high-level (29), so it could just be failing naturally).

I see, it appears this was it, since I edited anomen to level 39 and he turned him.

29 is pretty high for a SOA lich...

I used to, but since I fixed up some of the interaction (Deril was supposed to whine when he reaches 50% HP) and made changes to keep him from pummeling Deril, it's more fun to leave him untouched. I wanted to make him a fighter/mage (since he's already level 29/30) and see how god-like he can be, but I didn't bother.

Ah, good catch. It's a LOCALS/GLOBAL mismatch--Andy and icelus, you might want to grab this for UB as well. Fixed via .d code in alpha 6:

// deril should whine when attacked
REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT ~cederil~  ~Global("DerilHalfHealth","LOCALS",1)~ ~Global("DerilHalfHealth","GLOBAL",1)~

Archived