Ps:T Modding

Domi

PST has that wicked avatar-to-portrait animation for a character, which alone I think, will preclude PST NPC modding from becoming a casual passtime that BG2's had become... PST's main problem imo is not its joinable NPCs, it's the protagonist.

PST has that wicked avatar-to-portrait animation for a character, which alone I think, will preclude  PST NPC modding from becoming a casual passtime that BG2's had become... PST's main problem imo is not its joinable NPCs, it's the protagonist.

Actually they are just BAMs so they could be done. The main problem is there are only 8? NPC slots so the only way to add a new NPC is to remove an old one, unless someone did an engine conversion. Besides, adding PST NPCs would be kind of odd, given how the NPCs are linked to the protagonist.

Actually they are just BAMs so they could be done.

I tried, and it did not fly, but then again, I did not try hard, just a quick bam sequence. (That and the infamous green dragon shield sequence convinced me that animations are -groan-)

PST probably is better served by making a game that takes place in the setting, but unrelated to the TNO story-line. I think people who play PST and like it, mainly like how 'tight' the game is... :)

Domi, you say you wouldn't create a new BG2 npc. What about a TC...

I like an idea of a small TC, based on the same principle as SirBillyBob's Classical Adventure series - limited scope, tight story-line, short gameplay on each individual module, very small number of joinable NPCs with very high level of character development on each. I am trying to make one, but time will tell.

Actually they are just BAMs so they could be done.

I tried, and it did not fly, but then again, I did not try hard, just a quick bam sequence. (That and the infamous green dragon shield sequence convinced me that animations are -groan-)

PST probably is better served by making a game that takes place in the setting, but unrelated to the TNO story-line. I think people who play PST and like it, mainly like how 'tight' the game is... :)

Domi, you say you wouldn't create a new BG2 npc. What about a TC...

I like an idea of a small TC, based on the same principle as SirBillyBob's Classical Adventure series - limited scope, tight story-line, short gameplay on each individual module, very small number of joinable NPCs with very high level of character development on each. I am trying to make one, but time will tell.

I'm sure SBB would welcome your help on CA if you were so inclinded and had the time.

I've commited to WTP, as it fitted with an older storyline I had in mind and it is seductive to create a small piece of your own world with your own subplot etc. So I am doing the "People of the..." series on the Barbarian Islands (Midgard) part of that world. I have some stuff previewed here:

People of the Waves Concept

EDIT: Gosh, this is way off topic. Any Gibberling shaman passing by, please don't hesitate to use the scissors.

Sure. -- Cam

Archived