Making DR spells detectable

CamDawg

Version 3 is near and I wanted to address the detectability of new DR spells. I need help from the folks that actually use DS on which stats we should be adding to what spells.

New spells and their notable effects (spells that are duped from existing spells are omitted):

• Alicorn Lance - direct damage, AC penalty for 3 rounds
  • Beast Claw - Summons weapon, sets strength to 18/72
  • Cause Light Wounds, Cause Medium Wounds - Same as other Cause X Wounds varieties
  • Curse - Penalizes THAC0 and saving throws by 1 (anti-bless)
  • Detect Good - Opposite of Detect Evil
  • Divine Shell - Save & AC bonuses, immunity to normal missiles, bonuses to elemental resistances
  • Faerie Fire - AC penalty
  • Moonblade - Summons moonblade weapon; moonblade itself strikes as +4 and causes miscast magic effect and extra damage v. undead
  • Protection from Good, Protection from Good 10' - Opposite of Protection from Evil; creatures affected are invisible to Solars instead of Demons
  • Sunscorch - direct damage (extra v. undead) and blinds target for one round
  • Lathander's Renewal (HLA) - Party healing and cures level drain, blindness, disease, confusion, feeblemind, and deafness
  • Destructive Blow (innate) - THAC0 and damage bonuses
  • Moon Shield (innate) - Magic resistance
  • Shar's Curse (HLA) - Permanent (but dispellable) feeblemind
  • Tempus' Shield (HLA) - Immune to all but +6 weapons (includes non-magical)
  • Endurance of Ilmater (innate) - Doubles HP, save bonus, immune to disease, panic, wing buffets (push/knockback spells)
  • Kossuth's Purifying Touch (HLA) - Heals caster, does fire damage to enemies

Should the more mundane abilities and whatnot be noted, i.e. should we add something so that smart scripts can detect that Nightcloaks are permanently immune to blindness? And if someone wants to have a go at revamping general combat scripts to reflect changes in DR, we're all ears... :D

...should we add something so that smart scripts can detect that Nightcloaks are permanently immune to blindness?

If Nightcloaks of Shar all wear big signs saying, "I am a Nightcloak of Shar," then yes. I play my spellcasters as if they can't scroll backward through the text box and see precisely what Spell Immunity just went up: If we cast True Sight and Breach, and the enemy is still invulnerable, we just run away. In my opinion, it would be nice if only those spells that are visually unique in some way, such as Stoneskin or Protection from Normal Missiles, should have a 100% chance of detection by the AI. Just my 2 cents.

By the way, does DR correct the spell of Negative Plane Protection to have a reasonable duration, and Nature's Beauty so it isn't so damn cheesy?

Generally detected by looking for the weapon or item:

Beast Claw - Summons weapon, sets strength to 18/72

Moonblade - Summons moonblade weapon; moonblade itself strikes as +4 and causes miscast magic effect and extra damage v. undead

For Beast Claw, you might want to use

161) SCRIPTINGSTATE6 (#5) AKA: Strength Buffing

Instant/Permanent: No need for DS

Cause Light Wounds, Cause Medium Wounds - Same as other Cause X Wounds varieties

Lathander's Renewal (HLA) - Party healing and cures level drain, blindness, disease, confusion, feeblemind, and deafness

Kossuth's Purifying Touch (HLA) - Heals caster, does fire damage to enemies

Detect Good - Opposite of Detect Evil

STATE_BLIND

Sunscorch - direct damage (extra v. undead) and blinds target for one round

STATE_FEEBLEMINDED

Shar's Curse (HLA) - Permanent (but dispellable) feeblemind

Stat RESISTMAGIC

Moon Shield (innate) - Magic resistance

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needs DS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protection from Good, Protection from Good 10' - Opposite of Protection from Evil; creatures affected are invisible to Solars instead of Demons

PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL (1=ON) is the current methodolgy.

With the advent of Protection from Good, perhaps we need a PROTECTION_FROM_ALIGNMENT?

1 = Evil

2 = Good

3 = Neutral

Alicorn Lance - direct damage, AC penalty for 3 rounds

Curse - Penalizes THAC0 and saving throws by 1 (anti-bless)

Faerie Fire - AC penalty

There is not really a DS that handles 'Penalty' spells

Destructive Blow (innate) - THAC0 and damage bonuses

159) SCRIPTINGSTATE4 (#3) AKA: Combat Stats

Probably the same for:

Divine Shell - Save & AC bonuses, immunity to normal missiles, bonuses to elemental resistances

Endurance of Ilmater (innate) - Doubles HP, save bonus, immune to disease, panic, wing buffets (push/knockback spells)

Divine Shell can also probably be at least partially detected by the stat SHIELDGLOBE and the trigger HasImmunityEffects because of teh immunity to normal missiles.

Tempus' Shield (HLA) - Immune to all but +6 weapons (includes non-magical)

128) WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS

1= Mantle (spwi708)

2= Improved Mantle (spwi808)

3= Absolute Immunity (spwi907)

4= Protection from Magic Weapons (spin686, spwi611, melspl01)

5= Aura of Focus (spwi327)

Archived