My dialogue cutscene actions aren't being acted...

Andyr

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, typoes. ;_;

It works fine now, thanks very much all. :) I knew there was a reason I've always avoided cutscenes.

In case it could be of use to anyone, the following code plays Dimension Door over the party (and another character), then transports them to a new area. There are fades to and from black. The aforementioned other character is destroyed and a new creature appears...

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
CutSceneId(Player1)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR","A!EDES2")
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Player1)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Player2)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Player3)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Player4)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Player5)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPDIMNDR",Player6)
ActionOverride("A!EDES2",DestroySelf())
Wait(3)
FadeToColor([40.0],0)
Wait(2)
ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("A!ERANAR","",[400.670],1))
ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("A!ERANAR","",[450.690],1))
ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("A!ERANAR","",[500.690],1))
ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("A!ERANAR","",[550.670],1))
ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("A!ERANAR","",[600.650],1))
LeaveAreaLUA("A!ERANAR","",[350.650],1)
Wait(1)
CreateCreature("A!EMFTRU",[483.532],1)
FadeFromColor([40.0],0)
EndCutSceneMode()
END

So glad I saw this. I was just idly wondering today how I could get away with transporting players easily to a new area via cutscene so I didn't have to mess with scary worldmap updating stuff. Thanks for sharing the code, Andyr. :O

So glad I saw this.  I was just idly wondering today how I could get away with transporting players easily to a new area via cutscene so I didn't have to mess with scary worldmap updating stuff.  Thanks for sharing the code, Andyr. :O

You can't be serious!

Updating the worldmap is a single line that could be called from anywhere, while this other business is 20+ lines of tough cutscene code!

RevealAreaOnMap(AreaName)

This cannot be simpler :D

Hehe, easier to me to just use a cutscene or some such. I don't like messing around with the worldmap for potential conflict reasons. :O

Not to mention I'm too inexperienced to have guessed that playing with the worldmap was that easy. *laugh* I'll learn.

Hehe, easier to me to just use a cutscene or some such.  I don't like messing around with the worldmap for potential conflict reasons.  :O 

Not to mention I'm too inexperienced to have guessed that playing with the worldmap was that easy. *laugh*  I'll learn.

This isn't really tinkering with the worldmap. Messing around with the worldmap is adding new areas to it or changing travel times etc. That all requires really clever patching techniques, but revealing an already existing area on the worldmap won't break anything, unless it's Watcher's Keep in one of the those mods that doesn't want you going there until ToB (e.g. K&Z).

Archived