Offensive Spin

Drew

I posted this first in Archived fixes, but it occured to me that it may not have been noticed there, so I deleted it and am posting it here, instead:

I'm still not happy with the current implementation of offensive spin. In the patched game, offensive spin used the haste opcode. Baldurdash originally changed this (to a movement bonus + an attack per round bonus) because they considered the fact that movement rate increases from offensive spin didn't stack with the boots of speed a bug. I'm not convinced that this was a bug at all.

The problem with the current implementation is that if you cast improved haste on the blade using offensive spin, it has no effect at all and the spell is wasted (even though it would normally be in effect long after the spin ends). However, if an (already) improved hasted blade goes into offensive spin, all the attacks, including the attack added by offensive spin, will double. This is inconsistent, in my opinion. I'd like to see offensive spin use the haste opcode to add it's attack so that it won't work with haste and won't stack with improved haste. This will also match more closely to it's description. I don't think the "movement bonus not stacking" thing was a bug at all, and even if it were, I dare say that the bug being created by the fix is actually bigger than the original bug.

I saw it too. The fixpack runs with an oversight committee that reads the posts and occasionally discusses any salient or contentious points. Then Cam comes along, fixes it, and renders said discussion moot. The process works very well, but it usually takes a bit of time. :D

I saw it too. The fixpack runs with an oversight committee that reads the posts and occasionally discusses any salient or contentious points. Then Cam comes along, fixes it, and renders said discussion moot. The process works very well, but it usually takes a bit of time. :)

Wait, we have non-contentious discussions? Plus you totally forgot the stage where you post and let us know we've done it all wrong. :D

Wait, we have non-contentious discussions?
Sim and Kish don't always post. :p

Plus you totally forgot the stage where you post and let us know we've done it all wrong.  :p
Yeah, I'm falling behind. AX1H05 and AX1H06 are completely unused, and yet they get patched? COME ON! ;)

Archived