Reagents?

Celissa

Would it be at all feasible to have a spell that required a reagent to cast? I am very much a newbie at doing pretty much anything modding related besides reading tutorials, but I don't think I recall seeing something similar described anywhere. Is it at all possible, and if so, what sort of scripting magic would be required to make it work?

Sorry if this is a stupid question that's been answered a dozen times already, but I don't *think* I've seen any such thing.

The problem with removing an item via opcode is that all of the items of the same filename on that character will be removed.

I am more of in favour of deducting pieces of gold representing the buying/managing components rather than carrying around 12 different herbs/gemstones that fill up your inventory. It is easier to check for and to deduct pieces of gold than implementing the individual components themselves.

-Galactygon

That does work, but it removes such items from the party rather than a character. This means that it will not work for monster NPCs, and with party characters, it will remove one instance of an item from player1 (and then player2, etc.) rather than the LastSummonerOf(Myself). It will work, but not very well.

-Galactygon

Archived