Raistlin

Guest Grimo

I have so many ideas! Some on mod for me! I have another idea for a Raistlin NPC, you can meet him in the Dragonlance room in the Planar Sphere! He could have Dragonlance related quests and everything! COME ON! Some modder must be interested!

It means that Icelus is not particularly enthusuastic at the idea. As Domi pointed out in the other thread, many people don't like the idea of using major canon characters as part of mods.

Plus, I'm not too up on Dragonlance happenings, but Raistlin is a god, is he not? Not the kind of fellow who gets trapped in a planar sphere.

No, he tried to be a god. He travels back in time at one point to find one of his 'godhood components' if you will. I was going to justify it by saying the sphere disrupted his astral travel or somesuch, lol, and he was trapped there. But er, I guess not. Hm. I still think some Dragonlance NPC's would be cool, but some original ones rather than famous ones.

As much as I understand the desire to intertwine fav games, I believe that it is not worthe the effort. A cameo of Dak'kon, Revan or Frank Horrigan would not add to the game in a positive way, hence the Solamnic knights in the PS are generic and not major characters from another setting. Writing anything useful for them would be a nightmare, anything clumsy would be an insult to their fans.

So I have to agree with the idea of :) , but why do you burden yourself with a character with too much backstory. Make one up yourself and add a new mage npc to the PS.

Archived