Installation problem

Guest DalreiDal

Guest DalreiDal

I just browsed this forum quickly, and found nothing related to my problem. If I missed a thread or something, redirect me and I'll be happy and grateful :-)

So... yeah, there are some components that won't install. The Phase II error msg says that _BAYARD.DLG not found in KEY file, not found for CHAIN3. The Ajantis romance error msg says that there is an error locating CHAIN3, and that _URLYLE1.DLG not found in KEY file.

I have screenshots if it will help. Don't know how to post them though.

I didn't see anything of this in the readme, but is the mod compatible with a no-TotSC install?

If yes, then what could be causing this? Other components have installed fine (Core install, Xan/Coran/Dynaheir romance, and maybe a few others, I didn't take notes).

Hi, this is because of no-ToTSC install, yes. This thread lets you know how to quick-fix the problem:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=4886

or if you'd rather not fiddle with the files, you can give me a shout and I give you a DL location for the next alpha version, where this issues should have been fixed. Those are errors that are difficult to troubleshoot, because I don't have a tester with a no-ToTSC install.

Guest DalreiDal

Thank you very much, Domi. I just checked this thread and yeah, same problem. I'll valiantly try to fiddle with the files (as the prospect of more uninstalling/reinstalling is not appealing to me...) Only...... what do you mean by "recompiling"? Re-running the setup-bg1npc.exe? (if it's that simple, I'm gonna blush in shame)

Yes, just re-run the installer, and no need to feel embarrassed. I should have been clearer. Just make sure that the Player initiated dialogues option are reinstalled (when you run the installer, chose the "ask about every option" and select "r" if it was already installed), and were the last one to run. Moving them up in the order will cause problems.

Guest DalreiDal

Oooooooooooh! It works! Well, the installer runs to the end and no more error msgs! Everything seems fine!!!! Thank you very much for debugging me :-)

Btw, thank you to you and your co-writers/coders for writing this mod... Coming to BG1 after BG2, I felt a little... abandonned by the silence of my companions. Now I don't need to feel alone anymore ;-) So... it was just one of the mod users thanking you :down:

Guest DalreiDal

So, I've just spent about an hour and a half playing, got Ajantis along, and yes, the romance and the rest works (not that you must have a doubt about your troubleshooting skills, lol). So, just to confirm everything is fine :down:

Archived