Dialogue Editing help

BG Hacker

Unless there's something wrong with the hardware, you can just reformat the drive and reinstall everything........then invest in a good anti-virus program. And a firewall.

EDIT: but you shouldn't have to pay for the firewall. Zone Alarm works fine, and it's free. Also, a neat little trick you can pull with Norton Anti-Virus is to buy a new copy from an online vendor at a discount every year rather than renewing your subscription. I pay about $6.00 a year for Norton that way. The trick is that you buy Norton right before they update to the next years version, so that the price is lower. You still get 12 months of free updates, so there isn't really any downside to doing this. :down:

Unless there's something wrong with the hardware, you can just reformat the drive and reinstall everything........then invest in a good anti-virus program.  And a firewall.

EDIT: but you shouldn't have to pay for the firewall.  Zone Alarm works fine, and it's free.  Also, a neat little trick you can pull with Norton Anti-Virus is to buy a new copy from an online vendor at a discount every year rather than renewing your subscription.  I pay about $6.00 a year for Norton that way.  The trick is that you buy Norton right before they update to the next years version, so that the price is lower.  You still get 12 months of free updates, so there isn't really any downside to doing this. ;)

I HAVE Firewalls, and I jsut finished cleaning my computers, I have Zone Alarm, Spybot S&D, Norton Antivirus, etc.. My dad Fixes computers for a living, I would think he knows a thing or two about security, And He set up the security on my computer! He is the President of IService Online Inc. For Crying out loud!

Unless there's something wrong with the hardware, you can just reformat the drive and reinstall everything........then invest in a good anti-virus program.  And a firewall.

EDIT: but you shouldn't have to pay for the firewall.  Zone Alarm works fine, and it's free.  Also, a neat little trick you can pull with Norton Anti-Virus is to buy a new copy from an online vendor at a discount every year rather than renewing your subscription.  I pay about $6.00 a year for Norton that way.  The trick is that you buy Norton right before they update to the next years version, so that the price is lower.  You still get 12 months of free updates, so there isn't really any downside to doing this. ;)

I HAVE Firewalls, and I jsut finished cleaning my computers, I have Zone Alarm, Spybot S&D, Norton Antivirus, etc.. My dad Fixes computers for a living, I would think he knows a thing or two about security, And He set up the security on my computer! He is the President of IService Online Inc. For Crying out loud!

Excuse me, but there is no security that could withstand ignorance ;)

Archived