Teach Me Everything

Blacksnake

I suppose I should start with an introduction. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago. I was a Crystal Reports Developer for years, until I could no longer tolerate the corporate world. I am now disabled, but still enjoy software development WITHOUT a suit looking over my shoulder. I only have Baldur's Gate 1, and without ToSC. I want to learn what "mods" are, and most importantly, how to create my own, custom items, spells, etc. One day I hope to write games for my own company, and since my SS disability pays my basic bills, I want to take the time necessary to do it WELL, before releases.

OK. That's about it for me. Who's here?

Welcome.

Basically, modding Infinity Engine games is largerly based on the tools, rules and tutorials developped for BG2, which is more versatile in terms of scripting, etc. Even BG1 is nowadays modded mostly on the so-called TUTU or BGT platforms, that converts it to BG2.

So, if you are serious, I'd advise you to take a look at the tutorials for and tools itself:

NearInfinity (file browser/first-line of defence editor)

DLTCEP - various editing, a major tool for Area creating/editing.

and, finally, the one, the only, WeiDU - or, lately BiggDU. Heh, starting with reading WeiDU documantation is probably a good thing, because it explains many things about files, functions, and structures.

I would advise, though, for you to purchase BG2 when you decide to actually try out the mods and mod yourself. :)

Welcome.

Basically, modding Infinity Engine games is largerly based on the tools, rules and tutorials developped for BG2, which is more versatile in terms of scripting, etc. Even BG1 is nowadays modded mostly on the so-called TUTU or BGT platforms, that converts it to BG2.

So, if you are serious, I'd advise you to take a look at the tutorials for and tools itself:

NearInfinity (file browser/first-line of defence editor)

DLTCEP - various editing, a major tool for Area creating/editing.

and, finally, the one, the only, WeiDU - or, lately BiggDU. Heh, starting with reading WeiDU documantation is probably a good thing, because it explains many things about files, functions, and structures.

I would advise, though, for you to purchase BG2 when you decide to actually try out the mods and mod yourself.  :)

Guest Altaric

Hello

i'm also looking to make mods for BG1 (with totsc), i find tutorials about doing precise things but nothing for a beginner

what tools are needed, a "hello world" thingy

Guest Altaric

ok i found some tools (IE explorer and dltcep) extracted the bifs

i aim to modify the GUI to suit my needs

i found how to move buttons, but what tells him what a button do ? there are no script for these like there are for doors, enemies, everything

Archived