Comments on 'It happened on the way to the inn'

Pen52

It's not a bad bit of writing, but I think if you want to follow the humour angle, then a suggestion would be to caricature the participants more heavily than you're doing.

At the moment, the story reads to me like a relatively normal bit of BG2 fan-fic, though with an odd plot. Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira, Anomen and Sarevok are all relatively in character, and if you want to leave them that way (and every comedy needs a straight man), you're going to have to really ham it up with Raesa, Salvanas and Edwin, or put them in some very way-out situations.

Keep working on it though, it's got the makings of a good farce about it. Think Fawlty Towers, if you've ever seen that. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the suggestions, and I think you are right when you say that I need to put the characters in some 'way-out situations'. I was planning on it.

The problem is that I really want to keep the cast in character as much as possible, while keeping the humor going.

Think Fawlty Towers, if you've ever seen that.

No, haven't so far. But I'll look in up. :)

Fawlty Towers (you can get the DVDs anywhere that sells stuff from the BBC) is good farce. The characters are pretty straight, but the situations they get themselves into generate the comedy. It's well worth a watch, if nothing else.

Not a bad start, but good luck on keeping it going.  I know it is a fine line between parody and cheesy humor (I'm guilty of that last one :) ).

Thanks. I'll try not to step over that line too often. :D Hopefully.

Fawlty Towers (you can get the DVDs anywhere that sells stuff from the BBC) is good farce. The characters are pretty straight, but the situations they get themselves into generate the comedy. It's well worth a watch, if nothing else.

You know, just after I read this, I happened to pick up the newspaper, and the first page it opened on, had an add that featured the 'Fawlty Towers' DVD set.

Weird...

But helpful.

I am enjoying this. The last one you did...where she um....kissed....um... :) *tries to hid from the horrifying view* That was a funny surprise. I liked it. Can't wait to see how what happens to the poor lass next...I can only imagine what is going through Anomen's head with see her um.....kiss....um....yeah

Keep it up.

I am enjoying this. The last one you did...where she um....kissed....um...  :) *tries to hid from the horrifying view*  That was a funny surprise. I liked it. Can't wait to see how what happens to the poor lass next...I can only imagine what is going through Anomen's head with see her um.....kiss....um....yeah

Keep it up.

Anomen: (with a long-suffering sigh) Believe me, my lady, you do not wish to know.

Thanks for reading and commenting! :D

hey can we have any new chapters on this story? i want to find out what happens!!! I really enjoyed the first chapters and want more. give me give me give me...

okay i should turn normal now, i hope...this is what happens to this crazy girl when she has had a long day and needs to go to bed so she can go to class tommarow......okay night everyone.....

I cannot stop laughing, and I'm only in Chapter 3.

If you do decide to write a more camp version, could you leave this one alone and enter the new one under a new name so we can have them both?

I'm glad you are enjoying it. ;)

I'm going with this one, for now. But, most likely, there will be an alternate version that I will post later, under 'additions'.

hey can we have any new chapters on this story? i want to find out what happens!!! I really enjoyed the first chapters and want more. give me give me give me...

Here you go. :( As requested, I have just posted a new chapter today.

Sorry about the delay.

Archived