I had this 'sea elf' come up to me in the City-of-Caverns and start reminicing with Kivan. I got her nose ring and she left, I guess it was okay. This just felt very out of place. Is that the last I see of Jozzy?

Well, Kivan's quest in BG1NPC is the first encounter with Jozzi and Keth'sim. I really liked Jozzi as a character, so I continued her storyline into BG2-SoA adding the small encounter in the City of Caverns. At some point I thought about the 3rd part in ToB, but decided against it because it was better to leave it open-ended and I did not want to do any more quest work. I am not sure what else you'd like to know about it?

I'm posting here to avoid creating another thread. This post/question/comment/nit-picking (Blush.gif) concerns Jozzi anyways. I was making a run through BG2 this week-end, and I noticed something that, well not bothered, it's too strong a word, but something that I wondered at.

I had completed the City-of-Caverns, having brought back a fake rebel heart to the king, and slain said king; and the minute I picked up the nose ring I had agreed to retrieve for Jozzi, she appeared, approached me, and since she didn't have a recording for "You be having the item!", I got a "We shall never surrender the Heartlands", or some such line from the standard male elf soundset. I know it's just a detail, and that I'm being a pain in the butt (it's what I do best! ;) ), but just thought I'd tell you, Domi. ;)

Btw, Kivan just as great the second time around... Lovesick.gif

Guest Leez

I think I brought this on myself, but Jozzy has disappeared and I have her ring. I picked it up right after killing the king, before the prince arrived, and she hasn't shown up to claim it. Maybe I picked it up too early?

I think that a part of the script is missing. I guess that is my buzz to sit down and make the new version. Please do the following:

Set "P#MalentiWaits","GLOBAL" to 3 and summon P#SEAS1 creature. Then talk to her and you will be able to complete the quest.

I'll have the new version in a few days, because this is a bad one.

Guest Leezl
I think that a part of the script is missing. I guess that is my buzz to sit down and make the new version. Please do the following:

Set "P#MalentiWaits","GLOBAL" to 3 and summon P#SEAS1 creature. Then talk to her and you will be able to complete the quest.

I'll have the new version in a few days, because this is a bad one.

Thank you, that worked well. :)

It is kind of odd that a sea-elf would appear in a city of the sahuagin, considering the two species are mortal enemies :).

Perhaps in LoI, Jozzy could be moved to one of the half-dozen or so new Underdark areas that we'll be including?

Er... the quests both in BG1 and BG2 rotate around the fact that...

SPOILER

Jozzi is not a sea-elf, she is a Malenti, ie a Sahuagin that looks like a sea-elf that sahuagin use as spies etc. So she is very much in place where she is.

Actually, the script was there, working off Kivan's Override as I found out in testing getting 2 Jozzis. Anyway, I've transfered it onto the Area file now, adding a bit of prettiness to it, so it should work better now.

Archived