stutter problem

berelinde

Thanks to Darios, Meira, and CamDawg for the advice.

I'm getting a stutter in another game with another mod as well: Saerileth. But this one seems to be dialog related, since there does seem to be a LT trying to fire (music starts, Saerileth turns to pc, then either I get bored waiting for something to happen or I get a CTD). Which leads me to believe something is wrong on a larger scale.

I doubt this problem is Amber-related.

Having said that, I've got doubts about the integrity if my dialog.tlk file.

So, I'm going to go through the clean install anyway. Less stress in the long run.

Since I seem to have an incomplete installation with Amber, I will do a fresh download/install with her.

This is the order in which I plan to do the installation. Please comment if you feel I should do things in a different order.

Starting with an uninstall, I plan to delete the entire SoA folder, then do a full reinstallation of BG2 SoA and ToB. Then I will apply the official patch. The most recent ToB patch seems to incorporate everything covered by the Baldurdash patch, so I will not install that.

After that:

(I don't have any non-Weidu mods, so I don't have to go there)

Saerileth (this mod is WeiDU, but it seems to act like a non-WeiDU mod, sometimes)

Solaufein

other NPC mods: Xan, Keto, Valen, Kelsey

other Weimer mods: Ease of Use (no multi-romance components), Item Upgrade, Spell50, Under-represented Items

***Amber***

SkipIntro (not really a mod--just a cut and paste to the override)

Unfinished Business

Quest Pack

Ashes of Embers

Banterpack

Flirtpack

I've got some real life business to take care of first, so please, everyone, I am open to suggestions. If you think there's a better order, don't hesitate to tell me.

Thanks in Advance,

Ruth

The most recent ToB patch seems to incorporate everything covered by the Baldurdash patch, so I will not install that.

That's not true. ToB Baldurdash is supposed to go on top of the Official ToB patch.

Saerileth (this mod is WeiDU, but it seems to act like a non-WeiDU mod, sometimes)

I doubt it. Nethrin and Sillara are quite experienced with coding WeiDU NPCs...

SkipIntro (not really a mod--just a cut and paste to the override)

That's the definition of a non-WeiDU mod so I'd strongly suggest putting it at the start (well, between Baldurdash and your first WeiDU mod).

I don't know whether any of the NPC mods you are planning to install add anything to Cromwell's dialog, but if they do, they should go after Weimer's Item Upgrade. At least until we get a new version of Item Upgrade that doesn't restructure Cromwell's dialog as violently as it does now.

But if none of them add anything to Cromwell, they can jsut as well be installed before IU in that regard.

So far, none of them seem to have any Cromwell interaction. But just to be safe, I'll move Item upgrade to before any of the NPC mods. But I do know what you mean about Cromwell's dialog.

Point taken about the SkipIntro. I'll do that. This is why I needed to ask for feedback.

My problems with Saerileth may have been sound related. I'm going to try Saerilight this time, and see if it works better. I know this is hardly the forum to discuss another mod, so I'll keep it quick. I don't like any of the Bioware supplied romanceable females. If I were a man, I wouldn't want to get to know any of them any better. Saerileth is interesting enough to invite further dialog without being abrasive. Amber is slightly off-putting, but has a genuinely sound reason to be so. And she has a quality of reality and complexity to her that makes me think she'd be good in games even without a romanceable player 2.

So, while I'm romancing Amber with Player 2 (Cleric of Lathander and patient enough to wait for Amber to trust him), Player 1, if male, handsome, and good, can romance Saerileth.

Archived