Faldorn

Guest ZFR

Version of game: Soa+TB

No mods installed. Latest official patch + baldurdash.

There is a bug with Faldorn.

If while fighting in the ring you dominate her and use her special ability button to summon (or was it shapeshift) dire wolf, the game crashes.

Not critical but just thought I'd mention it.

-ZFR (same ZFR from Ironworks)

Sure, will check out Faldorn. igi also pointed out on IRC that your party can pass equipment to the combatant; we should probably make the party unselectable during the fight. May want to investigate this for the Copper Coronet pit fights and Ust Natha duels.

Sure, will check out Faldorn. igi also pointed out on IRC that your party can pass equipment to the combatant; we should probably make the party unselectable during the fight. May want to investigate this for the Copper Coronet pit fights and Ust Natha duels.

Her summon is calling an old BG creature file that's not present in BG2, wolfd1.cre, a dread wolf. Only dread wolf in BG2 is wolfdr01:

// summon dread wolf referring to non-existant BG reference
COPY_EXISTING ~spin114.spl~ ~override~
 READ_LONG  0x64 "abil_off"
 READ_SHORT 0x68 "abil_num"
 READ_LONG  0x6a "fx_off"
 FOR ( index = 0; index < abil_num; index = index + 1 ) BEGIN // fix existing effects
   READ_SHORT  ("%abil_off%" + 0x1e + (0x28 * "%index%")) "abil_fx_num"
   READ_SHORT  ("%abil_off%" + 0x20 + (0x28 * "%index%")) "abil_fx_idx"
   FOR (index2 = 0; index2 < abil_fx_num; index2 = index2 + 1) BEGIN
     READ_SHORT ("%fx_off%" +        (0x30 * ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%index2%"))) "opcode"
     PATCH_IF ("%opcode%" = 67) BEGIN // summon creature
       WRITE_ASCII  ("%fx_off%" + 0x14 + (0x30 * ("%abil_fx_idx%" + "%index2%"))) ~wolfdr01~ #8
       SET "index2" = "%abil_fx_num%" // kills fx loop
       SET "index" = "%abil_num%" // kills abil loop
     END
   END
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

True, the spell can be fixed, OR

REMOVE_MEMORIZED_SPELL leftoverbg1crap.spl :)

I'm against this solely because you may just decide to do something else with your party (or they may have already been doing something else) while in the pit (any of them). It's ridiculous that you can pick up Jaheira's equipment (or better yet, take it off her before challenging Faldorn) and pass it back to her, but in my opinion, disabling the party isn't a good solution.

While you're looking into that fight:

I've got Weimer Ease of Use, multiple strongholds, so I usually have pc fight Faldorn.

Passing equipment to pc was something that never occurred to me. Not that I'll do it, but it never occured to me.

The proble I have:

Every single time, without fail, pc gets Faldorn to near death, and then gets an "Auto-Pause: Target Gone." Nor can pc attack Faldorn.

The only way to get out of there is to actually pick up the staff in the pit. Pc can hit her with that. Or, if pc can cast spells, hit her with magic missile or something.

Just a FYI.

While you're looking into that fight:

I've got Weimer Ease of Use, multiple strongholds, so I usually have pc fight Faldorn.

Passing equipment to pc was something that never occurred to me. Not that I'll do it, but it never occured to me.

The proble I have:

Every single time, without fail, pc gets Faldorn to near death, and then gets an "Auto-Pause: Target Gone." Nor can pc attack Faldorn.

The only way to get out of there is to actually pick up the staff in the pit. Pc can hit her with that. Or, if pc can cast spells, hit her with magic missile or something.

Just a FYI.

Are you using your fists? Outside of monks, you can not kill a creature with your bare hands, only knock them unconcious. We'll drop the other changes here for now; moving to archives.

Archived