A few really minor bugs

Drew

I don't know if these have been reported yet or not, so I thought i'd post them here. I'm using version 11.

Jaheira's club isn't flagged as magical and doesn't have an enchantment level set, either.

Imoen consistently fires off her "good to be home" dialogue in the firewine ruins, for some reason.

The bardic chain description says it is AC 5 when you first find it even though it is actually AC 7. I'm not sure why, though. When examining the item in DLTCEP, everything is in order, but the description is always wrong for me in game. :) Also, there is a compatibility issue with easy tutu when it comes time to upgrade the armor. Since the Golden Pantaloons wouldn't import into BG2 from Tutu, Macready fixed it by changing the item from _misc47 to misc47. Halabazzer's script only checks for _misc47, though, so easy tutu users need to use the console to get the upgrade.

Hello -

Since the Golden Pantaloons wouldn't import into BG2 from Tutu, Macready fixed it by changing the item from _misc47 to misc47.  Halabazzer's script only checks for _misc47, though, so easy tutu users need to use the console to get the upgrade.

I'll add here that the _MISC47 -> MISC47 switch was attempted by Tutufix also -- the patch just failed for some reason (I didn't pore over the code trying to find out why). So, really, I think the ideal thing is to proceed as if MISC47 is the universally used item, as I suspect conventional Tutu will make the switch as well if/when Tutufix gets updated to correct the error.

Cool - Jaheira's club is an old problem, but I have not yet learned how to work with items. If there is a volunteer who could rebuild Jaheira's club from the ground up based on the description, making sure the enchantment, resistance, etc all works, the team would greatly appreciate it! My creating items has been strictly copy-paste-reassign bams-tp2 description-add item to cre.

Imoen's firewine behavior is new; I will put it on the list.

Drew, Macready, if I understood you both correctly, the pantaloons for Tutu, EasyTutu, etc. will probably use MISC47; we can change this. We may also be able to handle this with OR(2):

IF ~OR(2) PartyHasItem("_MISC47") PartyHasItem("MISC47") PartyGoldGT(999)~ THEN REPLY ~Yes, I have. Please, improve my armour.~ GOTO Upgrade6

and an added set of instructions block Upgrade6

ActionOverride(Player1,DestroyItem("MISC47"))

for player 1 - 6

That should take care orf it. If an experienced modder would care to comment on OR(2) versus just creating a second response set for "MISC47", it would be appreciated.

Got it - Thanks for the reports and the fixed item! I'll pop it into BG1NPC and get that coding done right now....

Done. Script fixed, tp2 description of item repaired, and Jaheira's club copied into place. I will playtest on Monday; after I have investigated Imoen suddenly deciding that the FireWine Ruins suddenly look like home. I know that she thinks Garric is cute and all, but she shouldn't be THAT starry eyed and googley over him :)

I think I found a little bug in V11 but I don't know if its known and changed for V12.

One talk between Branwen and Coran starts with Branwen saying: _BBRANW and Corans replies: "*sighs* One can only taste one morsel at a time to enjoy it properly."

I think _BBRANW isnt really what she should say.

Well, Drew, bad news and good news...

The bad news is I cannot find anything that would cause that dialogue to hang open in FireWine before Candlekeep. If you visited Candlekeep before FireWine, then it may have gotten hung up there; Imoen repeating that line must be the result of the wrong dialog firing -- otherwise, I have found no way of having that blasted talk be made available.

The good news: since I was searching for all the variables surrounding both dialogs, I renamed them, added the community prefix, checked all the dialog chains, and upgraded the scripts with tighter conditions and a back up "closing" timer that will make it harder for this to happen on the next version.

I will try a limited playtest tomorrow, and ask someone to drop by CandleKeep and then Firewine and vice versa :suspect:

Archived