Abduction bodhi?

Guest Storm

Guest Storm

Hey,

I really love Kivan, he is my fav char from BG. I wished he was in game originally but this does a great job. It feels like he is part of the game, though I do miss some voiceacting hehe. The way you made him a real elf is nice though, with all his seldarine etc banter.

But now my question. I haven't found any clues to if he will get abducted by that bodhi vampire or whatever the spelling is. Does he get abducted? I would miss that if it wasn't in game though.

As far as I know, he won't get abducted by Bodhi. Maybe because there is no real romance between him and the Pc in SoA.

First I missed this too, but now I think that the abduction works only with a real romance, because after resurrecting the beloved one, he/she swears his neverending love to the Pc and this doesn't fit in the relationship with Kivan, which is still developing.

Guest Guest
As far as I know, he won't get abducted by Bodhi. Maybe because there is no real romance between him and the Pc in SoA.

First I missed this too, but now I think that the abduction works only with a real romance, because after resurrecting the beloved one, he/she swears his neverending love to the Pc and this doesn't fit in the relationship with Kivan, which is still developing.

True, but I was kinda hoping bodhi would aso abduct really close friends. She does take solofein no matter what.

True, but I was kinda hoping bodhi would aso abduct really close friends. She does take solofein no matter what.

Nope, Kivan definately does not get kidnapped by Bodhi. You're right about Solaufein, tho. I HATE that undead Solaufein! Sometimes I kick him out of my party just to avoid that nightmare and then pick him up again right after. :)

Yes, Kivan will not get abducted by Bodhi. The BG2 classical scenario does not fit him. BioWARE also ignores the lore with pure elves and vampirism in Aerie's case. Kulyok follows these lore in Xan's romance. What I initially thought about to avoid the confusion was an ultimate Mary-Sue solution and in the end I scraped it. Instead of Bodhi's abduction, Kivan's romance aquires a couple of emotional exclamation points at the Tree of Life and the arrival to the Nine Hells (if P#KivanLove is high enough).

Speaking of that, I cannot quite help myself thinking that 9 is a bit too low as a requirement for the romance to continue to ToB.

I think it is relatively easy to collect P#KivanLove (when I took Kivan along as a romance partner, it was about 25 at the Tree of Life), which means that one only has to be nice to him a few times to get his love... I find that a little strange if one keeps in mind that Deheriana was the love of his life and the very center of his existence, so to say, so that one should expect it to be extremely difficult for someone else to capture his heart. With a background like this, I think that a requirement of P#KivanLove of only 9 lacks a certain challenge.

However, this is just a personal opinion and I can understand that there are reasons to keep it that low... and I must say that apart from that I loved this mod and that it was probably the best romance I have played so far (and no, I don't say this every time I complete a new mod). :)

I know that they are relatively low, but people had problems getting higher numbers even when they were testing and knew what they were shooting for/saw the scripts. In fact one of the testers who had been aiming to romance Kivan had to nerf the variable.

P#KivanLove is intended as an index that allows Kivan to get clued in that PC is in love with him and do his thinking. Hence a more reserved PC will have her chance to chose "I love you" answers sometimes, and "we're talking" answers at other times.

Also, keeping it relatively low, allows you to skip some of post-Spellhold/quest related talks (which increases your counts dramatically), ie the player who ran out of time/just don't want to do Windspear/did not hit the option that summons a follow-up talk etc does not have to camp in Suldanessellar for a few hours just to see every _single_ talk with Kivan.

You aren't really supposed to see the number, but it is preferable that if you did want the romance to kick in, it would. :)

Archived