Just want to make sure of something.

grissy

I have both Dynaheir and Branwen in my party and my indecisive ass can't decide which one of them to romance, so my PC has been friendly with both of them.

Question 1: Will there be a very obvious BG2-style "quit screwing around, pick one" dialogue at some point, or is this more subtle/real-world-esque? Basically wondering if I need to tell Branwen (hers seems to be moving faster, and with her now if I do a PC-initiated dialogue I have the option to tell her to stop flirting...with Dynaheir it's still just the generic dialogues) to back off before I screw up both romances, or will there be an obvious point where I choose one?

Question 2: Every now and then Dynaheir initiates a dialogue with my PC but it's nothing special, just the usual generic dialogue that I'd get if I clicked on her instead. Is she supposed to be doing that, or is this like the Kagain problem, where the NPC is giving the wrong dialogues for some reason and she's supposed to be doing lovetalks?

Your game is screwed up somehow if Player-Initiated flirt shows up instead of her talks - and it does by your description. Most probably you installed and reinstalled, without preserving the PID as the very last things to install and it now is placed above the conditional talks.

Try uninstalling the whole mod, every single component, then install one component after another, making sure that PID goes last. Then reset Dynaheir's lovetalks and timers to the beginning of the romance and see if this behavoir goes away.

If not, you might need a clean _DYNAHJ because you might have a screw'd up in the back up, restoring to a messed up one.

If romances progress properly, Branwen and Dynaheir will be having a few chats in the end of which they will decide to stop mooning over you, and then there will be a very clear chat that will ask you to pick one over another.

Your game is screwed up somehow if Player-Initiated flirt shows up instead of her talks - and it does by your description. Most probably you installed and reinstalled, without preserving the PID as the very last things to install and it now is placed above the conditional talks.

Try uninstalling the whole mod, every single component, then install one component after another, making sure that PID goes last. Then reset Dynaheir's lovetalks and timers to the beginning of the romance and see if this behavoir goes away.

If not, you might need a clean _DYNAHJ because you might have a screw'd up in the back up, restoring to a messed up one.

If romances progress properly, Branwen and Dynaheir will be having a few chats in the end of which they will decide to stop mooning over you, and then there will be a very clear chat that will ask you to pick one over another.

If you don't mind, what are the console commands to reset her lovetalks and timers? And is there a console command to immediately trigger the next lovetalk? (I wouldn't want to set the timer option to 15 mins, I just want to catch back up to where I am now once I'm done with the reinstalling.)

You want the following Globals values:

("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",1)

("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

Then set

"X#DYLoveTalkTime"."GLOBAL"

to 1

this will setthe timer to 1 sec, and prompt the talk. Continue resetting the "X#DYLoveTalkTime" to summon each talk quickly untill you reach desirable point in the romance. You will still need to meet the conditions of each talk, ie if you have to rest or if you need to be in the inn - see the RomanceGuide for that.

I hope that it will go on smoothly from here. If not, well, we'll go from there.

You want the following Globals values:

("X#DynahMatch","GLOBAL",1)

("X#DYLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

Then set

"X#DYLoveTalkTime"."GLOBAL"

to 1

this will setthe timer to 1 sec, and prompt the talk. Continue resetting the "X#DYLoveTalkTime" to summon each talk quickly untill you reach desirable point in the romance. You will still need to meet the conditions of each talk, ie if you have to rest or if you need to be in the inn - see the RomanceGuide for that.

I hope that it will go on smoothly from here. If not, well, we'll go from there.

Thanks for the assistance. When uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, I thought I saw several error messages fly past, so I opened up thee debug file. In addition to getting a few hundred of these (xxx indicating the name of a dialogue):

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (xxx) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!

...which may or may not be normal I also got these:

Installing [Dynaheir's Romance Core (Rated PG13)]

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

WARNING: cannot verify action ~SetGlobal("DynaheirRomanceInactive",GLOBAL",1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~Global("HeRashemi",GLOBAL",1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~Global("HeRashemi",GLOBAL",1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")

and

Installing [install Player-Initiated Dialogues]

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,1) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,2) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,3) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,4) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,5) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,6) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,7) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~RandomNum(8,8) InParty(Edwin) !Dead(Edwin) Global("ALED2","LOCALS",1)~: Not_found

Are any of these significant, or am I good to go?

You are good to go - these are fixed in the next version, and will have little effect on the game you have now. Basically, you have one less dialogue option in one of the talks -- hopefully by your next playthrough we will have a version out that fixes this!

You are good to go - these are fixed in the next version, and will have little effect on the game you have now. Basically, you have one less dialogue option in one of the talks -- hopefully by your next playthrough we will have a version out that fixes this!

Thanks both of you, everything seems to be working fine now. I appreciate the info.

Archived