This is what I get when I try to install the component "Remove XP cap":

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[./override/kitlist.2da] loaded, 4479 bytes

Copying and patching 1 file ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'

Resource [*.2da] not found in KEY file:

[./chitin.key]

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR: [kitlist.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [*.2da] not found for 'COPY'"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Remove Experience Cap], rolling back to previous state

[bG2_Tweaks/backup/2090/UNSETSTR.2090] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

er, WTF is an XP cap remover doing copying kitlist.2da, anyway?

Sure, it extends the ABILITES tables, but the game engine will not crash if it reaches the end of row on it's ability search. But instead, you're going to add the last ability in each row forever. That might be valid for some things, but what of a kit that added an ability at it's last gained level that is gained every 'n' levels? you change that to 10 levels of gaining it every level. and you're doing this twice - once in the TP2 block above where you copy kitlist, then down in the kitlist block. In fact, unless I missread this, it would make the change, then make it again for the clab tables listed above.

er, WTF is an XP cap remover doing copying kitlist.2da, anyway?

Sure, it extends the ABILITES tables, but the game engine will not crash if it reaches the end of row on it's ability search.

Abilities should still be granted at levels 40+.

But instead, you're going to add the last ability in each row forever. That might be valid for some things, but what of a kit that added an ability at it's last gained level that is gained every 'n' levels? you change that to 10 levels of gaining it every level. and you're doing this twice - once in the TP2 block above where you copy kitlist, then down in the kitlist block.

The code has been altered to grab abilities from level 31-40 and copied as levels 41-50--the level 40 abilities won't be acquired at every level. It sill won't be accurate for abilities atained every x levels if 10/x isn't an integer, but it's better.

In fact, unless I missread this, it would make the change, then make it again for the clab tables listed above.

Kitlist doesn't include any of the trueclass 2das, so it's not performing the same patch twice to any file. At any rate, it's written such that it doesn't change any CLAB that already extends to level 50 so it can be applied multiple times to the same file without detrimental effects.

But the kitlist.2da file should not be changed - read, yes, but not changed.

but I don't know enough about WeiDU to know if you can read a 2DA without an overlying COPY type command; the documentation is craptastic (I'd much rather have seen a BNF language spec, but that's me). But I do wonder why you didn't code this with the *_2DA_* functions...

Archived