Cheers! (may be spoilerish)

I've actually been meaning to post this a while, but I had to delay it until I could make a coherant, non-drooling fangirl post (ZOMG THIS ROXXORS!111 A WINNER IS YOU!). :(

I'll be very honest. The few times I ran through BG1, unmodded (pre-bg2), I never had Kivan in my group. I'm not sure why, but the game just didn't grab me that much, and the few runs I made in it didn't even make it to chapter 4. Then, BG2 came out. I was totally hooked, and was prompted to look at BG1 again. I didn't want to go through it 'bare bones', and since I'd heard about the NPC project.. well.. I had to do it. BGT style.

I didn't even consider Kivan for my group then. I just never found room for an archer in the group. Then I found this mod, and it looked very interesting, so I decided to give it a shot. It doesn't hurt that I'm a sucker for angst and romance. I really, really, REALLY liked it. He was, and is, my favorite romance to date. Which prompted me to finally get him in my BG1 game (am intending to play it all the way through). So yeah. You created another Kivan fangirl. Be proud. :p

The only fly in this ointment is one thing.

I may be the only one with this sentiment... but it felt a bit jarring, as if they were taking a step back in the relationship, when Kivan would start his friendship talks in the middle of the romance in TOB. After all his sweet little pet names, to call her 'friend' again just seemed a bit odd. This might only be my game, I'm not sure. ;)

Plus two lil requests. :D

I really wish there was an option to kill the romance before 'the big turning point' in Spellhold. Maybe like the option that puts the global above 3, but one that does the opposite? I may not explore this, but it might make it easier for those who don't want to romance him, but don't really spot all the dialogues that raise the LOVE. Hmm, that actually sounded like a disco line... Raise the love! :D

I'd also like to see a TOB NPC that would have lines similar to Salvanas, if only to see Kivan get jealous (some of the lines with a male PC and him about Dee seem to hint at him being the jealous type). Maybe the guy in Saradush who hits on the waitress could redirect it at you if you are female?

But yeah. Great job! I'm really, really hoping I can keep getting this separately after LoI comes out. I'm going to have to give that a look-see too, though. It has promise.

Hi, I am glad you liked the romance.

I am not planning on any re-writes and restructuring really, though I am gearing up to fix the identified bugs once I get a bit more time from RL and my new IWD2NPC toy.

As for your comments, I do not want to have an obvious romance kill. My goal is to have it develop naturally. There are a number of endings to the mod, and the path where Deheriana dies but you romance someone else will have an appropriate conclusion.

As for ToB nicknames, well, he has plenty, and 'my friend' is just one of them. It is not implausible that he'd leave more intimate address for the moments when he catches PC alone, and less intimate address when he can be overheard by the party.

Hi, I am glad you liked the romance.

I am not planning on any re-writes and restructuring really, though I am gearing up to fix the identified bugs once I get a bit more time from RL and my new IWD2NPC toy.

As for your comments, I do not want to have an obvious romance kill. My goal is to have it develop naturally. There are a number of endings to the mod, and the path where Deheriana dies but you romance someone else will have an appropriate conclusion.

As for ToB nicknames, well, he has plenty, and 'my friend' is just one of them. It is not implausible that he'd leave more intimate address for the moments when he catches PC alone, and less intimate address when he can be overheard by the party.

I understand. (all of it ;) )

Thank you for the quick reply!

I haven't looked through all the paths yet (which will keep me very busy for a while to come).

Yeah, I haven't really thought of it that way (with regards to the nickname).

Icewind Dale? Best of luck with that. I looked around the forums and saw that you won't be modding much for BG2 anymore? Thanks for all the great mods (and great writing) that you've provided for us BG players. Ya've got talent. :(

Thank you :p

Yep, Kivan was my swan song for BG1-2. They are great games, but I am interested in doing something new setting-wise and working with multiple custom characters, instead of the same old ones, so IWD2 it is. :p

I finally finished the Kivan romance and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I did not have any problems at all which was awesome. Kivan was always one of my favorites in BG1 and I was very happy to have him along in SoA and ToB. Domi, you did a great job turning him into a very romantic NPC :) .

Archived