Itemize: magic items

Domi

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone with a talent for making items could make any of the following for me (obviously, for IWD2)?

Amber Ring (Wilderness Lore +2 when equipped)

Robes of element resistance (+3/+3 points for cold/heat resistance when equipped)

Amulet of Bless (Bless once a day, 25 charges)

Bracers of Spiritual Defence - or any other name (Mirror Image/Mage's Armour once a day, unlimited charges)

Lute of the Neverending Tunes (gives the character Lingering Song feat when equipped)

Decorated Helmet -(Sunscorch once a day, 25 charges)

And if you fancy anything on a more challenging side, please, give me a shout. I will be trying to build a spell that changes a character's portrait, animation and a couple of stats, and while I've seen similar ones for BG2, I might need help with IWD2 ones. :(

Creating the effect blocks wouldn't be much of a hassle, i could do these easily.

Question is about the icon/text.

There will be a problem with the lingering song lute. There is no way to add 'while equipped' lingering song feats. I could make it so that the lute gives the feat, but no idea how could i remove it.

Doh, probably the same about wilderness lore.

The amber ring is done.

Tell me the usability flags, if there are any.

elemental robe is done too. Price/lore is a bit higher than similar robes of single elemental res.

The bless amulet is almost done. Is it a cleric only stuff, or enough if i disable evils?

I don't think it is possible to make a 'bless once a day/25 charges' item easily.

The easy stuff is:

bless x times a day

or bless x times then amulet vanishes

I could probably make the amulet vanish after an usage and reappear then, but it is dangerous.

What about making an amulet which can simply bless once a day?

There will be a problem with the lingering song lute. There is no way to add 'while equipped' lingering song feats. I could make it so that the lute gives the feat, but no idea how could i remove it.

That's what I meant, sorry!

Useabilities:

Amber Ring (Wilderness Lore +2 when equipped) - Elven Druids, excluding Drow

Robes of element resistance (+3/+3 points for cold/heat resistance when equipped) - Aasimar Sorcerers

Amulet of Bless (Bless once a day, 25 charges) - any Paladin

Bracers of Spiritual Defence - or any other name (Mirror Image/Mage's Armour once a day, unlimited charges) - any Monk of Old Order

Lute of the Neverending Tunes (gives the character Lingering Song feat when equipped) - Half-Elven Bards

Decorated Helmet -(Sunscorch once a day, 25 charges)

- Kit Cleric of Latahnder

Thank you!

Uh, the excluding drow stuff will really need extra payment :(

It won't really disable wearing by drow, just won't affect them, is that ok?

It is possible to write something like: <charname> is unaffected by the effects of <item>.

Uh, the excluding drow stuff will really need extra payment

Just don't expect my firstborn :(

It won't really disable wearing by drow, just won't affect them, is that ok?

Sure, no problems. But if Subraces are tough to match for useability, just step up to the full race, I am not overly concerned with having v. precise restriction.

Ok, then probably i won't do the aasimar part. Could exclude evil/neutral if that's ok.

How can i send you the (half)finished stuff?

Probably you didn't understand the problem with the lute.

Right now, i can only use the AddFeat action to set the lingering song feat.

It is impossible to remove the feat then.

So anyone equips the lute will permanently be granted with a lingering song :(

Probably there is another way, i don't know as of now.

Unlimited mirror image is a bit overpowered.

Sure, just do Humans instead of Aasimar and Elves instead of 'no drow'. Don't worry about the alignments restrictions.

Unlimited mirror image is a bit overpowered.

Even if casting casting once a day? If you think it will be unbalancing, 25 charges as per other items is fine.

Oh, I see now about the lute. I assume that adding an extra song to the weilder's selection is also complicated. Will you be able to fake it by making the lute cast a some sort of a spell of limited duration that will improve the party's performance in some TBD way?

I missed the part about once per day. Ok, then it is working.

I cannot make something both 'once per day' and 'x charges'.

As the stuff is more like either: unlimited charges, or x charges, or x charges a day.

I already made the no drow stuff :(

About the lute, yes, lets leave it for later.

I also made the helmet this way:

25 charges, then poof, converts into a nonmagical helmet of same look.

It is actually quite easy to make items that change to another item once their charges lost.

But this feature is rarely used.

heh, I think that would be a cheat :(

Is one of these two more plausible:

The Lute:

Cast Mockery, once a day, duration 1 minute (?) or shorter duration of this looks too much

When the song is played, all the bard's foes gain -1 attack penalty, -1 damage and -1 saving throws.

OR

A Garrote (once a day, obviously)

Basically, is it possible to cast a spell that will have some % chance of a vorpal hit? Sort of like in BG, when you got the "special" attack animation with say, slay living, and you had to hit to reduce an enemy to 1 HP. Only in this case, it will have, say, 50% chance to kill a humanoid target on one blow?

working on the garotte

Ok, it is working.

I think a reflex save is much better than flat 50% success.

It was not simple to make the garrote hit only once then become useless (for the day).

I think it is working as naturally as the engine allows it.

You use it by putting the item in a weapon slot.

It has no weapon header, so it works like fist this way.

Once you activate it, it creates the 'magic weapon' which is active for a round.

It will let you perform one single attack.

If the attack is successful and the target doesn't make the reflex save, the target dies a chunky death.

If the target makes the save, it will receive only a minimal slashing damage.

The weapon is nonmagical and the death effect works only on humanoids.

I will check if the disintegration death drops a skull in iwd2 too, that would be a bit better than chunks :(

Archived