Trouble importing gear to SoA (from a Tutu BG1 game)

Guest Gilraen

Guest Gilraen

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to play through the BG series again, since it's been shelved for 5 years, and I figured I'd try out the Tutu mod to allow a little smoother transition. I played through BG1 just fine, copied the exported characters over to my BG2 folder, and loaded up BG2 with the same party. I was intending to use that little "pause and drop your gear" trick to start BG2. Unfortunately, there wasn't any gear! Or at least, very little. I had 3 items total across my party.

Is it that Tutu-exported characters simply don't work with that trick? Is something else likely to cause this? I have a suspicion that it has something to do with the exported characters being less than compatible with BG2, since I tried importing the same characters into a Tutu game and had no problem. This seemed odd, though, since I thought that much of the point of Tutu was to allow this transition. Could it be because my guys were completely full?

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Is there another way to transfer gear? I also tried importing a little later as well, and that didn't help. I searched the previous several pages of posts for solutions, but to no avail... Any help would be wonderful. Thanks!

I recently decided to play through the BG series again, since it's been shelved for 5 years, and I figured I'd try out the Tutu mod to allow a little smoother transition. I played through BG1 just fine, copied the exported characters over to my BG2 folder, and loaded up BG2 with the same party. I was intending to use that little "pause and drop your gear" trick to start BG2. Unfortunately, there wasn't any gear! Or at least, very little. I had 3 items total across my party.

Tutu adds all of the BG items to the game with prefixes so a regular bastard sword in BG is sw1h01.itm, while in Tutu it's _sw1h01.itm. Because _sw1h01.itm doesnt exist in a regular BG2 game, these items aren't in your inventory. I believe the only items that are not given prefixes are the regular items you're allowed to import into BG2, like the Helm of Balduran--the three items you have are probably in this category.

Tutu adds all of the BG items to the game with prefixes so a regular bastard sword in BG is sw1h01.itm, while in Tutu it's _sw1h01.itm. Because _sw1h01.itm doesnt exist in a regular BG2 game, these items aren't in your inventory. I believe the only items that are not given prefixes are the regular items you're allowed to import into BG2, like the Helm of Balduran--the three items you have are probably in this category.

Heh, I think that's it then. The items I noticed at first glance were the Helm of Balduran, whichever pair of pantaloons you can swipe, and a +1 katana.

Ah well. <sniffle> It's so hard to adjust to NOT having three people w/ -4 or better AC.

Thanks for your help, though!

Archived