Nalia not returning to her keep

Playing the game without the "Nalia's Overly Effusive Gratitude" fix, I didn't know Nalia has other kick-out reaction than to thank the PC. Anyway, being kicked out of the party in this "thank you" dialogue, Nalia sais she will return to her keep, but she will not, remaining standing where she was kicked out:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 15 // from: 13.1

SAY #46229 /* ~(Well then, I will return to the remainings of my keep, although I am not sure it will still be a home to me)~ */

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

It seems a DO ~EscapeAreaMove("AR1300",x,y,0)~ is missing here.

"("AR1300",748,3227,14)" would be the coordinates if she is waiting at the palisades (before freeing the keep).

[Trying to post three "x" for the unspecified coordinates is appaerently no good idea :) ]

Strref#46229 is

~Very well. I will remain here until you have changed your mind.~
in the unmodded game, and Fixpack doesn't change it. This would be consistent with her standing around waiting.

Do you have any mods that might be altering that string?

Do you mean " SAY #46229" reads "Very well. I will remain here until you have changed your mind." in the English version? Well, that definitely simplyfies the situation. No, I don't have any mods installed. Poetic license of the German translator? I always thought the translation match better the original.

I withdraw my query.

Ugh. That complicates things immeasurably if strings have material changes between languages. ;)

Hello,

I don't think, that the strings have material changes between languages. They don't have, in my experience until now :)

Well, I have looked through Nalias huge (German) PDialogfile and found this. Cam, it is the situation, when you have rescued Nalia from Isae and proved, that he has no right to prison her: after Isae has gone, Nalia will start a dialog, to thank you.

This dialog will start at NaliaP.dlg:

- State 12 lead to

- Response 16,17,18, which will all lead to

- State 13 lead to

- Response 19 ---> she will join again

- and Response 20 with the mentioned string #46229 ----> End Terminates dialog and No Action

In my opinion, this is only a missing Action to move her here. This is all from my biff-dialog-file, so I cannot say, if the official patch would have changed something here, because I have rewritten all joinable NPC-dialog-files in the game, I have installed yet (one reason, besides others, for fixing this by hand and not just install your fix :)).

But I guess, with this information, you will find the right place in Nalias PDialog-file in your English game too, and can look, if there is this one missing Action too, and if there is another text in the original English game, as in German translated game, or not ;)

Regards

Roana

Roana: CamDawg already said that the English text of state 15 reads "Very well. I will remain here until you have changed your mind.", whereas in the German version Nalia speaks about returning to her keep. (I don't know why you call it "response 20", to be honest.)

I didn't get the point of your post, sorry.

Roana: CamDawg already said that the English text of state 15 reads "Very well. I will remain here until you have changed your mind.", whereas in the German version Nalia speaks about returning to her keep.

Hello,

well, I can't see in Cam's posts a mentioned Dialog-State, but may be, I'm blind :)

And in the German game, Nalia will normally also say exact the sentence mentioned by Cam. But only in that situation, I have described, she choose this one, without going away and I _guess_, it is the same in English games. Not many player, I suppose, would rescue her, only to leave her with her problems alone, right after this is done, and meet this little bug. And I guess only a very few of these player would wonder about this, as you have done :).

(I don't know why you call it "response 20", to be honest.)

I didn't get the point of your post, sorry.

I use Near Infinity, to fix my game or look for something for others in the game, and there are in a dialog "States" and associated "Responses". Thats the way, dialogues are usual going on (not only in this game, by the way). The States and Responses, I mentioned are exact the dialog, you have had with Nalia - and it is the ONLY situation, where she has no Action applied, to move her elsewhere, but say, she would. If you would have let her join here and just after this kicked her off, she would have say the same as in the English game ;).

(By the way: WeidDU works in the same way, but its easier to read, if you are not much familiar with NI)

Regards

Roana

well, I can't see in Cam's posts a mentioned Dialog-State

CamDawg stated in the second post of this thread that Strref#46229 reads "Very well. I will remain here until you have changed your mind." in the English version. This is the Sting reference from state 15, which reads in the German version "Nun denn. Ich werde mich zu den Überresten der Burg meiner Familie begeben, obwohl ich nicht weiß, ob sie für mich alleine noch ein Zuhause ist." (which I translated to "Well then, I will return to the remainings of my keep, although I am not sure it will still be a home to me" when posting here. Just to make this clear: I am playing the German game version.).

and I _guess_, it is the same in English games
I hope I made it clear that no, it is not.

(By the way: WeidDU works in the same way, but its easier to read, if you are not much familiar with NI)
If you decompile a dlg into a .d, the responses have the same state number as the SAY of the NPC. So, reply options from state 15 would be referred to as 15.0 , 15.1 , and so forth. The first (top) one is always the "0". To refer to "responses 16, 17, 18" from state 15 doesn't make sense and will lead to misunderstandings.

I'll confirm it, again, on both my patched & unmodded SoA and ToB installs. naliap.dlg only differs from SoA to ToB in the reply triggers on state 17.

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 13 // from: 12.2 12.1 12.0
 SAY #46225 /* ~I will try to be less of a burden on the group in future. I... I trust you still want my company in the party? ~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #46226 /* ~Yes, join and we shall be on our way again. ~ */ DO ~EraseJournalEntry(5811)
EraseJournalEntry(5831)
EraseJournalEntry(6538)
EraseJournalEntry(7036)
EraseJournalEntry(9703)
EraseJournalEntry(14924)
EraseJournalEntry(16028)
EraseJournalEntry(23547)~ SOLVED_JOURNAL #11880 /* ~Nalia Abducted By Isaea Roenal

I brought all the evidence I had collected on Isaea Roenal's corruption to his commander's attention, warranting both Nalia's release and an investigation into the arrogant noble's dealings.  I wonder if I will hear of the result...he certainly deserves whatever he gets.~ */ GOTO 14
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #46227 /* ~No, I've decided I don't need you right now.~ */ DO ~EraseJournalEntry(5811)
EraseJournalEntry(5831)
EraseJournalEntry(6538)
EraseJournalEntry(7036)
EraseJournalEntry(9703)
EraseJournalEntry(14924)
EraseJournalEntry(16028)
EraseJournalEntry(23547)~ SOLVED_JOURNAL #11880 /* ~Nalia Abducted By Isaea Roenal

I brought all the evidence I had collected on Isaea Roenal's corruption to his commander's attention, warranting both Nalia's release and an investigation into the arrogant noble's dealings.  I wonder if I will hear of the result...he certainly deserves whatever he gets.~ */ GOTO 15
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 14 // from: 16.0 13.0
 SAY #46228 /* ~Thank you, <CHARNAME>, I needed to feel welcome.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 15 // from: 13.1
 SAY #46229 /* ~Very well. I will remain here until you have changed your mind.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Archived