missing items?

Guest Kai

its been awhile since i last played bgtutu, sometime in 05' and the bg1npc project there, im starting to replay them again and i get so far and im pretty sure theres items missing added by bg1npc? im not sure if i remember rightly but didnt gorion have his amulet on him when you check his body, and that tarnesh has a spellbook on his body too which ques imoens chat about it? the the book was useable to cast the odd spell or something..

were these removed or am getting confused with stuff that appears later in the game? at first i thought it still bugs in teh bgt version, but decided to go back to bgtutu for a more stable experiance and the same is happening here..

They show up, sort of.

Highlight between the following to read:

[spoilers]

Imoen gives you "Gorion's amulet" when you enter the Elfsong in Baldur's Gate.

Imoen uses Tarnesh's spellbook (no inventory icon) to create her artifact, which raises her dex by 1 when placed in her quickslot.

[/spoilers]

Just to make sure everyone knows, the Tutu side of v12 is stable, massively overhauled, contains a huge list of bugfixes, and is more stable and much more likely to provide you the full BG1 NPC experience than v11. Over a year of reported bugs have been fixed and quite a number of folks have had a hand in making and checking these changes - you can be sure that the most stable, bug-free version of The BG1 NPC Project is v12. it is *not* a Beta for Tutu; it is on its home platform and performing quite excellently :)

For BGT users, the Beta3 designation on v12 is for you. While it is almost complete, there are still some (perhaps as many as 10) *possible*, potential, unconfirmed situations where one of the NPCs might suddenly keep looping back to you with a Player Initiated Dialogue. If you do not install the Player Initiated Dialogues, you will not have troubles that we know of; you will also not have the full experience. Each of these possible problems has an easy workaround when found that will allow your savegame to operate; if you can use CLUAConsole, you can definitely proceed with your install of Beta3. We would appreciate you playing and reporting if/where these happen, so we can fix them and remove the Beta status!

Just to make sure everyone knows, the Tutu side of v12 is stable, massively overhauled, contains a huge list of bugfixes, and is more stable and much more likely to provide you the full BG1 NPC experience than v11. Over a year of reported bugs have been fixed and quite a number of folks have had a hand in making and checking these changes - you can be sure that the most stable, bug-free version of The BG1 NPC Project is v12. it is *not* a Beta for Tutu; it is on its home platform and performing quite excellently :)

For BGT users, the Beta3 designation on v12 is for you. While it is almost complete, there are still some (perhaps as many as 10) *possible*, potential, unconfirmed situations where one of the NPCs might suddenly keep looping back to you with a Player Initiated Dialogue. If you do not install the Player Initiated Dialogues, you will not have troubles that we know of; you will also not have the full experience. Each of these possible problems has an easy workaround when found that will allow your savegame to operate; if you can use CLUAConsole, you can definitely proceed with your install of Beta3. We would appreciate you playing and reporting if/where these happen, so we can fix them and remove the Beta status!

thanks for the replies.. however i think ive stumpled into a bug already with the recently released Tutu side of v12, after you and imoen bury gorion, there should of been (least when i had a quick play through on bgt a few weeks ago) a dialog were imoen states that she doesnt want to have to bury anyone esle again, this doesnt get off..

Just wait a bit -- on most BG1 NPC installs, this happens somewhere on that particular map! Since we add dialogue to that section, it will play slightly later than on a BGT install. You will notice a number of differences, and some of the regular dialogues will have new interjections, too. Imoen will ask if everything is ok, PC will respond, etc.

Just wait a bit -- on most BG1 NPC installs, this happens somewhere on that particular map! Since we add dialogue to that section, it will play slightly later than on a BGT install. You will notice a number of differences, and some of the regular dialogues will have new interjections, too. Imoen will ask if everything is ok, PC will respond, etc.

ok ill try waiting around.. but ive installed bgt now, and it does the same thing..

also to note, in the starting candlekeep area, winthrop doesnt have his portrait on both tutu and bgt.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...ost&p=69371

We may have a Beta hiccup, though we are not sure... I have not had this problem on the install, and it didn't show up in pretty massive playtesting, but we have more than one report of something like this going on. If it doesn't fire, could you please send me both your BGT savegame and your Tutu savegame, plus your WeiDU logs, in .rar or .zip format? Send them to svowles at comcast dot net, please, and I will investigate.

Did you install a tweak to "force all dialogue to pause?"

Winthrop noted; I will check the code and make sure all Winthrops get the same treatment!

mine too (the regular DL Beta3).. but I am checking BGT...

nope, all in-game Winthrops have the right portrait assigned. There is an extra INNKE2 in BGT and _INNKE2 in Tutu based on Winthrop, but not placed in his stead ingame, and that version correctly is not portraited. I am at a loss as to what is going on. I will check back posts in the workrom and see if there is anything that can help us here.

nope, all in-game Winthrops have the right portrait assigned. There is an extra INNKE2 in BGT and _INNKE2 in Tutu based on Winthrop, but not placed in his stead ingame, and that version correctly is not portraited. I am at a loss as to what is going on. I will check back posts in the workrom and see if there is anything that can help us here.

i waited abit for the dialog to fire but nothing happend.. i tryed to force the dialog to fire with ctrl+I in debug mode and when that happend, she didnt go into dialog mode, but she said in the dialog window the last line of the previous convo, which was about "why are you still standing there, get diging" or something like that, i havent installed the "force all dialog to pause" feature.. should i have done? i dont have my tutu saves (whiped out the install when installing bgt) but i do have the bgt save still..

im actually about to go and do a mass reinstall, i probably borked up somewhere and cocked up an install order..

oh and i forgot to mention it was easytutu not normal tutu i was on before, sorry about that.

i waited abit for the dialog to fire but nothing happend.. i tryed to force the dialog to fire with ctrl+I in debug mode and when that happend, she didnt go into dialog mode, but she said in the dialog window the last line of the previous convo, which was about "why are you still standing there, get diging" or something like that, i havent installed the "force all dialog to pause" feature.. should i have done? i dont have my tutu saves (whiped out the install when installing bgt) but i do have the bgt save still..

im actually about to go and do a mass reinstall, i probably borked up somewhere and cocked up an install order..

oh and i forgot to mention it was easytutu not normal tutu i was on before, sorry about that.

bgt save game sent.

Thank you! I will check when i get home. The ctrl-I bringing up her last line leads me to believe that something else is going on here; I will ask around. It may not be your install, especially as it happened on both Tutu and BGT! My bet is that there is something interesting going on with Imoen, and we just got lucky in the testing.

This was built around EasyTutu - I expected the bug reports to come form the "old" Tutu v4. This makes it even more likely that we are just missing something obvious; I will check tonight and let you know what I find.

another thing with imoen, her kit discription in bgt was just "thief" just that one word nothing esle..

im currently preping my bg1 and 2 installs to install easytutu again

Guest Kai (i should really register..)

its happening the same in a completely fresh install of easytutu aswell, ill send along my save game and weidu log from this too, the only things install into bg1 before easytutu installed, were the baldurdash fixes.. and on bg2 the only thing on there was the bg2 fixpack beta 4 (i think its 4?)

after installing easytutu, i installed the degreenifier, then the kitpack (i left imoen alone in this however), then the spawn randormizer (only changed the spawn day to 2) and then bg1npc followed by the music pack.. and still winthrop in candlekeep at the start has no portrait and imoen isnt launching her "i dont wanna bury anyone esle again" dialog

i pretty much installed everything from bg1npc, and i set the romance timers to 1:50 and i also installed the faster banter scripts from the pack too.

OK, Kai, I played through your Tutu save (at least I thought I did - do you play a Half-Orc?); on my install, it worked as expected. I checked the dialogue;

This is part of Imoen's scripted interactions, one of the replies which you could have if you followed the right chain. The start of the whole thing is "Is that... Gorion?"

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 386 // from: 385.0
 SAY #101029 /* ~I don't want to have to bury someone ever again. Don't you go and die on me now, <CHARNAME>. I-I don't think I could handle it if I had to bury you, as well.~ */
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #101030 /* ~Don't worry, Imoen, I won't. Let's go now, and let Gorion rest in peace.~ */ EXIT
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #101031 /* ~As long as you promise I won't have to bury you, either.~ */ EXIT
END

A second talk comes relatively soon after (timer is 400 GT; I think about 5 minutes reg time but I am not sure) -- to test, I set

EDIT: Repaired as I got it wrong -- sorry, Kai!

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ImFriendTalkTime"."GLOBAL",1)

and the talk fired right away.

Winski moset assuredly does not have a portrait in Candlekeep in either your or my BGT or Tutu games - i will look up the correct .cre and fix this!

To test to make sure everything is going ok, go over and pick up the diamond in the tree. If Imoen responds about 'growing on trees", you know everything isok for you. You should be able to proceed!

Please go ahead and send the savegames, though, as I wouldn't mind retesting everything again to make sure I havemn't missed something :)

Archived