Oustanding bugs: Tolgerias

Roana

Hello,

For this point:

- Tolgerias’ (Gov’t. District/Sphere) messenger Madeen would still tell the player to see Tolgerias and leave a journal entry even if Tolgerias was already dead:

It is a wrong DV in Madeens script:

MADEEN.BCS

IF

OR(2)

Dead("TOLGER2") // Tolgerias

Global("TalkedToTolgerias","GLOBAL",1)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

DestroySelf()

END

Should be changed to:

OR(2)

Dead("tolger") // Tolgerias

Global("TalkedToTolgerias","GLOBAL",1)

at this point, as both .cre-files of Tolgerias use this DV, its a simply fix ;)

For this:

- Tolgerias could be killed in the Council building and would still reappear in the Planar Sphere

Well, as I always have to explain my P&P-players: not only the PCs are knowing and using ressurection - NPC could do it too... Are you sure, that Tolgerias have no friends, that have ressurected him :)? So for me, it's no bug - it's a feature of P&P :)

Regards

Roana

- Tolgerias’ (Gov’t. District/Sphere) messenger Madeen would still tell the player to see Tolgerias and leave a journal entry even if Tolgerias was already dead:

This is already fixed.

- Tolgerias could be killed in the Council building and would still reappear in the Planar Sphere

Well, as I always have to explain my P&P-players: not only the PCs are knowing and using ressurection - NPC could do it too... Are you sure, that Tolgerias have no friends, that have ressurected him :)? So for me, it's no bug - it's a feature of P&P :)

Before Sim comes along and says in a less friendly fashion: BG2 is not P&P. At no point in the game do non-joinable NPCs get resurrected. Developer intent is pretty unamibuous: dead people stay dead unless they're in the party.

At no point in the game do non-joinable NPCs get resurrected.
There are but exceptions from this rule. Drizzt is first one (even twice). He got resurrected in BG and he is about to be resurrected after you killed him in Bodhi's lair. Second case is father killed by fireball in Saradush, where you can save him by rod of resurrection.

Note: I do not argue about Tolgerias - just pointing that world is gray.

Archived