Ajantis: still getting the dreaded NVROL

berelinde

Ajantis: There is not but good and evil, and I suspect you are the latter.

(This should probably be "naught," I think I missed it myself during proofreading. ;) )

Xan: Our resident suicide-monger, Ajantis, lives in a black-and-white world.

Then the conversation ended.

It started again, and I got the NVROL message.

Shar-Teel is in the party, if it matters.

I think it's one of those things he says when he's about to fight someone. But now that you mention it, it does sound like something he would say if the pc were making too many evil decisions.

When I got it in the first place, I was testing banters: I had most of the 25 NPCs standing around, rotating them in and out of the party to playtest Gavin's banters. I was hitting CTRL-I a lot to get them to fire. It doesn't really simulate gameplay-induced, banters, though, which might have been what I was seeing. If you're wondering, Gavin did not have anything to do with the banter that went before this or the one after it. Nor would he and Ajantis fight anyway, since they're both good-aligned.

Still, it bears looking into, as I suspect there is some involvement with the happy-patch.

Ajantis: There is not but good and evil, and I suspect you are the latter.
Sounds like the (original) unhappy-breaking line. Although it's surprising what translation and proof reading can do to my texts (in a very positive way), I don't recall writing that line, so it's not from the romance. Plus I didn't touch the BioWare unhappy leaving dialogues at all, and that is one of his original lines.

Xan's line was voiced, so it must have been an original BioWare.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is the result of a happy-patch gone wrong. I believe Ajantis was trying to fight Shar-Teel and getting confused by the patch. Ajantis does not fight Xan, IIRC.

My guess: Ajantis was trying to fight Shar-Teel. That couldn't happen, so it just pulled a random line that could also have been applicable, in this case, from Xan.

If this is what happens when a happy-patch goes bad, we're really going to need that reputation seller.

Archived