Observations from current game

Luiz

Caveat: The Fixpack isn't the only mod installed on my current game, but perhaps these are relevant to the Fixpack, so I'll note them here.

Trademeet Inn:

Upon encountering Viekang for the first time, he appeared to repeat dialogue. Is he supposed to take damage twice (two instances of 78 damage)?

Following immediately on from that the two guards (Luxarol and Alikabbar -- sp?) had their duel. The Militia Wizard that appears at the end of their duel didn't say anything. However it appeared he was trying: the cursor flashed every second or so as if trying to turn into something else, and simultaneous with these flashes: whoever the closest party member was to the Militia Wizard turned to face him, as at the start of a dialogue. If manually clicked on, the Militia Wizard had a red "- has nothing to say to you." response.

^ This was repeatable under slightly different circumstances (entering the Inn at different times of the Trademeet quests). Whenever the duel+milita wizard occured, the Wizard was borked.

Cernd' Child:

Lagole Gon, the lich guest of Deril, never, ever turned hostile. He remained "blue circled". Is there supposed to be further dialogue between Gon and Deril, or Gon and party, once the fight begins? Party did not attack immediately, so plenty of opportunity for anything else to have happened. Did not use fake-talk. Did kill Deril first -- waiting to see if Deril's death turned Gon hostile -- didn't happen. (Gon still killable and worth a stack of experience, but disappointing to mentally psych oneself up for a lich battle, only for the lich to stand idly by whilst being killed.)

Weidu Log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!)

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~SETUP-APACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dual Wielding fix and Rogue Shop

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades

~SETUP-UNDERREP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Underrepresented Items From Icewind Dale 2

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Nature's Beauty Tweak. (v2)

~TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #150 // Imprisonment Fix. (v2)

~TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Flesh to Stone Fix. (v2)

~TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Unlimited Limited Wish & Wish. (v2)

~TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1250 // More cheating Wishes: -> Cheesy Limited Wish & Wish. (v2)

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // PnP Spell Progression Tables

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Druids Use Cleric Level and Spell Progression

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation)

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3179 // Romance Cheats -> No Racial Requirements for Romance

~SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

Upon encountering Viekang for the first time, he appeared to repeat dialogue. Is he supposed to take damage twice (two instances of 78 damage)?
Probably. Did he actually start dialogue again, or did he just run two damage messages?

Following immediately on from that the two guards (Luxarol and Alikabbar -- sp?) had their duel. The Militia Wizard that appears at the end of their duel didn't say anything. However it appeared he was trying: the cursor flashed every second or so as if trying to turn into something else, and simultaneous with these flashes: whoever the closest party member was to the Militia Wizard turned to face him, as at the start of a dialogue. If manually clicked on, the Militia Wizard had a red "- has nothing to say to you." response.
This is a bug that came up because of something else we fix. I think I finally (eventually) fixed it (years later). Cam and co. will look in the script or dialogue for the TRFUED* mage to find the incorrect variable he's checking to run his dialogue and fix it for the next version.

Lagole Gon, the lich guest of Deril, never, ever turned hostile. He remained "blue circled". Is there supposed to be further dialogue between Gon and Deril, or Gon and party, once the fight begins? Party did not attack immediately, so plenty of opportunity for anything else to have happened. Did not use fake-talk. Did kill Deril first -- waiting to see if Deril's death turned Gon hostile -- didn't happen. (Gon still killable and worth a stack of experience, but disappointing to mentally psych oneself up for a lich battle, only for the lich to stand idly by whilst being killed.)
There's a small sequence where Deril will ask for help when he's sufficiently damaged (I'm not sure if we fix this up, though). Regardless, Lagole doesn't ever turn hostile. You're free to attack him if you want, but after Deril's dead, he should start dialogue, thank you for exposing Deril as unworthy, and give you Cernd's baby. It is a problem if he didn't start dialogue afterward, but as this sequence is pretty cut-and-dry, I'm not sure that it's the fix pack's fault.
Probably. Did he actually start dialogue again, or did he just run two damage messages?

To the best of my recollection:

1. Viekang initiates dialogue.

2. PC responds (dialogue choice).

3. Viekang says some line.

4. Viekang takes 78 damage.

5. Viekang says a different line (something about "not Hunters again" or similar)

6. Viekang repeats the exact line he said in #3.

7. Viekang takes 78 damage.

8. Viekang disappears.

Note there is no further interjection on party's part after #2. The sequences of repeats with a different line sandwiched in the middle ran continuously.

... and fix it for the next version.

:p

There's a small sequence where Deril will ask for help when he's sufficiently damaged (I'm not sure if we fix this up, though). Regardless, Lagole doesn't ever turn hostile. You're free to attack him if you want, but after Deril's dead, he should start dialogue, thank you for exposing Deril as unworthy, and give you Cernd's baby. It is a problem if he didn't start dialogue afterward, but as this sequence is pretty cut-and-dry, I'm not sure that it's the fix pack's fault.

I killed Deril very quickly, so perhaps this was/is a problem. There was certainly no plea from Deril after battle had commenced and before he died. So: Deril died: Gon stayed blue, but did not say anything, did not respond to Cernd's presence and also could not be spoken to (didn't respond to being clicked on (talk cursor) at all).

It's a long time since I've done this quest, so I wasn't sure if the scenario I encountered was "normal", but wanted to raise it just incase it was a Fixpack issue -- or worth the the Fixpack's attention.

:p

Note there is no further interjection on party's part after #2. The sequences of repeats with a different line sandwiched in the middle ran continuously.
This is a bug. He should start dialogue once if he sees Player1 and then disappear (without restarting his dialogue).

I killed Deril very quickly, so perhaps this was/is a problem. There was certainly no plea from Deril after battle had commenced and before he died. So: Deril died: Gon stayed blue, but did not say anything, did not respond to Cernd's presence and also could not be spoken to (didn't respond to being clicked on (talk cursor) at all).
The sequence won't trigger if you kill him too quickly; this is normal, and you're not missing anything.

Lagole should always initiate dialogue if he's still neutral and Deril is dead, so this is something that will have to be looked at (I'm not sure how the fixpack would be breaking this, though).

Viekang.bcs sets a LOCALS "Attacked" and does a StartDialogueNoSet if Viekang ever takes damage or is less that 100% hitpoints - which will surely happen when a minhp wearing creature gets hit by lightning. That's a pretty easy fix :p

I dunno what's going on with trfued11.dlg or why it has a SetGlobal as a trigger in the first dialogue state. I don't know why feud is being spelt that way. I also don't think the Fixpack is making any material changes here.

I don't know why Lagole isn't doing his thing, unless it's just non-updating See([PC]) flakiness.

Viekang is easily fixed:

// prevents viekang's double dialogue
COPY_EXISTING ~viekang.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("Attacked","LOCALS",0)~ ~Global("Attacked","LOCALS",0) !Global("ViekangSeesPC","LOCALS",1)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

and .d:

ADD_TRANS_ACTION VIEKANG
BEGIN 5 END
BEGIN END
~SetGlobal("ViekangSeesPC","LOCALS",1)~

Everything with trfued11 seems correct. The script spawns him when either guard is dead, and does SetGlobal("talked","AR2010",1). The wizard waits three seconds, then should initiate dialogue--his first dialogue trigger is corrected by Fixpack from SetGlobal("talked","AR2010",1) to Global("talked","AR2010",1) so he should have something valid to say.

Same deal with Deril and Lagole--there's nothing here that seems out of order. Lagole has a top-level script that should force him to initiate dialogue once Deril is dead, provided Lagole isn't hostile. The dialogue triggers look fine as well.

The noble order rep trap is supposed to occur only once every day, but the global and timer use the same variable, and they set the variable to 0 after the encounter (so it occurs every 1200 seconds instead of every 7200).

We should introduce a new timer. See AmnTrap1.bcs and Knight.dlg. AmnTrap2 and AmnTrap3 are unused by default; I restore them, though, so it's not a complete waste if you want to patch them (although I think I'll be scaling 2 back to only the Slums like it's supposed to instead of both the Slums and the Bridge; haven't decided).

Additionally, Alex.cre should have script name "NobleOrder" and be using NOrder as his override script (instead of GPShout).

Yes, I just discovered this yesterday. Still, bugs!

Ooh, nice catch. .d:

// norh rep trap uses same name for timer and variable; see fixes to amntrp0[1-3].bcs
REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT ~knight~ ~SetGlobalTimer("MostNobleOrder","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY)~ ~SetGlobalTimer("CDMostNobleOrder","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY)~

tp2:

// norh rep trap uses same name for timer and variable; see fixes to knight.dlg
COPY_EXISTING ~amntrp01.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~amntrp02.bcs~ ~override~
		  ~amntrp03.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY !GlobalTimerNotExpired("MostNobleOrder","GLOBAL")~ ~!GlobalTimerNotExpired("CDMostNobleOrder","GLOBAL")~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

// norh paladin from rep trap has wrong DV, script
COPY_EXISTING ~alex.cre~ ~override~
 WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~NOrder~ #8 // override script
 WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~NobleOrder~ #18 // DV
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Doesn't UB already restore the other two rep traps? If not, I'll go bother Andy.

Archived