Gavin bug reports

berelinde

A bug fix:

*cough* I accidentally included the wrong CRE in the download package. The one I included had no weapon proficiencies, which is a guaranteed crash on level up. And *that* is why housekeeping is so important.

You would have to start a new game to take advantage of this fix, but it is easier than reinstalling the mod. Install this patch as you would any other mod, and it will overwrite the bad CRE.

Sorry about that.

I will be updating the website to have the correct CRE as well.

Why don't you shoot me a PM for now.

Which path are you taking with him? Friendship, romance, or just happen to have him in the party?

I, erm...actually haven't started playing! :rant: I'm dusting off TuTu and finalizing a mod order (debating whether to try AoE or just leave proficiencies alone), plus I have an extraordinarily bad habit of reading dialog with InfExp. It'll definitely be the romance path. :)

Gods bless you, then! Please, send me a PM or an email with whatever you find, and I'll make sure they're incorporated.

Just as well, then, because I've got a timing fix to do for the 45 minute romance speed, and I forgot to close a PID variable.

The following's been extracted from my debug file, post-uninstallation (forgot to grab the new BG1NPC beta before installing! :rant: ). It actually shows up in WeiDU's uninstall screen as "Invalid switch", for some reason. Appears to be harmless, but still looks odd.

Deleting [override/oggdec.exe] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/oggdec.exe]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/oggdec.exe") Deleting [override/BGAV_SS.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_SS.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_SS.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_SL.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_SL.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_SL.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_S1.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_S1.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_S1.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_43.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_43.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_43.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_42.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_42.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_42.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_41.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_41.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_41.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_40.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_40.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_40.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_39.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_39.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_39.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_38.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_38.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_38.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_37.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_37.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_37.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_36.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_36.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_36.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_35.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_35.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_35.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_34.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_34.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_34.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_33.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_33.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_33.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_32.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_32.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_32.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_31.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_31.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_31.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_30.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_30.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_30.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_29.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_29.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_29.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_28.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_28.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_28.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_27.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_27.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_27.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_26.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_26.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_26.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_25.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_25.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_25.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_24.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_24.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_24.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_23.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_23.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_23.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_22.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_22.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_22.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_21.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_21.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_21.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_20.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_20.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_20.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_19.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_19.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_19.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_18.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_18.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_18.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_17.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_17.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_17.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_16.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_16.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_16.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_15.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_15.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_15.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_14.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_14.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_14.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_13.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_13.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_13.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_12.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_12.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_12.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_11.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_11.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_11.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_10.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_10.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_10.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_09.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_09.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_09.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_08.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_08.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_08.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_07.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_07.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_07.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_06.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_06.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_06.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_05.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_05.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_05.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_04.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_04.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_04.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_03.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_03.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_03.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_02.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_02.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_02.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_01.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_01.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_01.ogg") Deleting [override/BGAV_00.ogg] (to restore original game condition)

Unable to Unlink [override/BGAV_00.ogg]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "override/BGAV_00.ogg")

Thanks. I'll have a look at the audio uninstaller. All those are sound files, and they were installed correctly, but can't be uninstalled, because the oggs were deleted after the conversion to wav. The last part of sound installation is to delete the oggs.

This isn't a bug, but it was annoying. After really cleaning house with the party on the first run through, chopping up Hasheian and all the guards and sustaining minimal injuries, this is what was left of the party after Hasheian let loose with a lightning spell. Not very pretty. One lightning bolt, 4 party members. Oof.

Why did I need to run through again if it went so well the first time? Trying to use PID on Eldoth resulted in him leaving. I had to go to a save before that. OK, Eldoth, no more chatting with you!

On to the ugly picture. Alana did win, in the end, but it's going to be some serious CTRL-R work to resurrect everybody. I'm not doing that again.

CWdisaster.jpg

Are you using SCS Smarter Mages? It'd be a lot tougher with that. :) You probably want to web or silence Hareishan or otherwise disable her before charging in with the full party (maybe a stealthed thief could backstab her but risky). She is pretty easy otherwise (one of the CREs I'm tweaking a bit).

Anyway, like you said, doesn't sound like a bug with your mod. :rant:

She's been giving me grief since vanilla BG. It's a combination of the mage, archers with fire and frost arrows, and meleers right by the door. The perfect ambush. Davaeorn doesn't give me anywhere near this much trouble, even with those death knights of his.

Had my antivirus software kick in immediately after this shot was taken though, causing a CTD. Forgot to shut it off while playing. Oops. Anyway, the fourth time through the room went like the second: PC and Gavin held the door, fending off attackers, archers behind took out the mage, then eliminated everyone else one by one. Gavin was hurting pretty bad, PC was down about 30% from full, and Garrick had a little dent, but everyone else weathered it just fine.

A couple minor dialog bugs I found :rant: Extremely tiny spoilers.

BDrunkEarly1a

~Yes, I gathered as much. I just don't trust the judgement of someone with as much drink in him as you've had.~ + BDrunkEarly1a

This needs to link to BDrunkEarly1a.1 instead, to prevent a dialog loop.

The set of resting flirts with the condition Global("B!Outside","GLOBAL",1) need to have SetGlobal("B!Outside","GLOBAL",0) in their actions as opposed to SetGlobal("B!Inn","GLOBAL",0). Gavin's opener to this one also has a typo, and should be "Is it time to retire at last?". I'd include it with the typo list I'm compiling, but I can't find which dialog file it's in. It's driving me nuts.

Second one, I found. Quite annoying to have to manually set the global every time.

Thanks for the first pointer. Freudian slip?

Durlyle's converstaion loops, too because it's got a missing closing variable. But not anymore.

There's another typo in one of that text block (writing at 4 am will do that), forgot a = in the herbalism talk.

You'll find that particular set in the PIDnight.d in the PID folder. But I've got it.

Archived