Racial Packages!

St_Vitruvius

In the last stages of development of my first mod, a Bladesinger kit, i turned to the idea of creating a racial package for each race.. I've started on the elven package and have a bunch of ideas there..

First off I'm going to introduce a new elven npc, Rhistel, in Suldanesselar, who is not joinable or anything.. His ONLY perpose is to give elven PC's a special reward of training in one kit, acording to class/alignment:

Fighter/Mage : Bladesinger

Fighter (Good, only): Elven Knight

Fighter : Elven or Arcane Archer

Cleric (Good) : Faywarden - Speciality Priest of Corellon Larethian (as in Cleric Remix, or something.. basic idea is the same)

Cleric (Neutral): Dhaaeraowathila - Speciality Priest of Shevarash

Cleric (Evil): Amorphite - Speciality Priest of Ghaunadaur

Oh, and I'll later do a quest concerning a moonsword..

I need ideas for other classes ect. for elves.. And: fluff-wise.. Would the goodly elves of Suldanesselar willingly help an evil elf? Would they train him in some of the styles that could prove fatal to them selves? Where should they recieve a bonus? In the Underdark, where they're in contact with evil elves?

Are there any ideas for the other races? I've just started collecting ideas for them, so still on the drawing-table..

For Humans i thought of creating a Myrmidon-kit, available allready in BGT from the Flaming Fist, when you've saved Elthan or something.. before going against Sarevok.. In SoA, after completing the Fallen Paladin-quests, I though of making some king of a "Dual-Class" where, if you meet the requirrements, could become a "Fighter(Myrmidon)/Paladin(Cavalier).. This will mean some heavy scripting.. if at all posible.. I'd probably have to create him as a Figher/Thief, or something...

For Dwarves theres the allmost unaviodable "Battlerager" and the "Vermin Slayer".

For Gnomes the "Breachgnome".

For Halflings the "Burglar".

Any has Ideas to kits, items, quests or where to recieve the bonuses? Just feel free to post any suggestions you mind think could be in character..

And: fluff-wise.. Would the goodly elves of Suldanesselar willingly help an evil elf? Would they train him in some of the styles that could prove fatal to them selves?

Unlikely, I'd say. But there is probably some leeway in how they know a specific individual is evil... It shoudl probably be based on Reputation rather than alignment, though they might be wary enough about a Bhaalspawn elf to cast Detect Alignment on them first.

For dwarves:

Axe for hire (my Mercenary kit)

Battlerager (Fighter kit)

Thug (Fighter/Thief kit)

Merchant (Fighter/Thief kit)

Cleric of Moradin

Cleric of Abbathor

Items like a dwarven chainmail (AC 4, +15% do immunity to fire), dwarven mask (+25% immunity to fire/cold/acid, -3 to charisma) dwarven battleaxes, mauls, helmets with horns etc. There are many things to do.

For gnomes? Breachgnome - big bonuses to AC and damage reductions. If you can - +1 to AC per any seen enemy. Also there is a Bufoon (in Arts of Weaving) which is oryginally Illusionist/Thief.

If you want any PnP help, ask - I've got big resources.

For dwarves:

Axe for hire (my Mercenary kit)

Battlerager (Fighter kit)

Thug (Fighter/Thief kit)

Merchant (Fighter/Thief kit)

Cleric of Moradin

Cleric of Abbathor

Items like a dwarven chainmail (AC 4, +15% do immunity to fire), dwarven mask (+25% immunity to fire/cold/acid, -3 to charisma) dwarven battleaxes, mauls, helmets with horns etc. There are many things to do.

For gnomes? Breachgnome - big bonuses to AC and damage reductions. If you can - +1 to AC per any seen enemy. Also there is a Bufoon (in Arts of Weaving) which is oryginally Illusionist/Thief.

If you want any PnP help, ask - I've got big resources.

Just the sort of thing I was looking for..

Isn't there a small Halfling city in BG1 your're supposed to help? At the Firewine Bridge or Gullykin or something? And isn't there a Gnome-house in BG2: Slums? Could they be used as the locations in which theese races recieve special bonuses?

I'm sad to say this, but I'll have to put my modding activities on a hold untill I'm past my summer examns..

I know there is a couple of bugs in the package as it is today; theese will be addressed asap, when I'm having the time..

I will still be around on the forum looking out for ideas and new mods though..

Did you perhaps mean 'spring exams'? 'Summer' and 'exams' are not only two words that don't go well together, but would take quite a long time from now... ??? (Unless you live in the southern hemisphere but I see you are in Denmark...)

I did mean "summer examns", as I've got examns every 3rd month or something..

I just don't want to say that I'll be able to do a lot more work on the mod and not be able to keep it.. I'd rather spring new releases as a suprise..

There might be added new kits to the mod, as they don't requirre as much time as creating items, creatures, quests ect...

Progress update:

I've made a lot of changes to the game play of the Elven Racial Package the last 3 weeks.. In the version I'm currently working with you no longer get to choose your elven-only-kit on creation: you have to talk to a NPC to get it.

Before releasing it on the net though, I need to do two things:

1. - I will need to make a brake in Ellesimes dialogue after the final battle in hell, so you can go wander about in Suldanessellar and there talk to the NPC

2. - I need to find out how I make the NPC wield his katana using NI.. (He has it, but doesn't wield it..)

Hope to be done with theese things in a couple of weeks..

Archived