small clarifications

Avenger

299,1,"Spell Effect: Chaos Shield [299]","Percentile modifier","Icon Type","This effect appears to defend against wild surges and displays a chaos shield portrait icon.

The effect modifies stat #189 to param1.

The Icon Type field selects between Improved and Normal Chaos Shield Portrait icons."

300,1,"NPC Bump [300]","Undetermined","Constant Value","The character could be placed anywhere in the searchmap. (Placement is unaffected by searchmap).

The effect modifies stat #190 to param2."

301,1,"Stat: Critical Hit Modifier [301]","Statistic Modifier","Irrelevant","This effect improves the Critical Hit chances.

Critical hits will occur on a roll (on a 1d20) greater or equal to:

20 - 'Statistic Modifier'

The effect modifies stat #146 to param2."

302,1,"Item: Can Use Any Item [302]","Irrelevant","Constant Value","The targetted creature(s) can use any item.

The Constant Value parameter should be set to 1.

The effect modifies stat #191 to param2."

303,1,"Spell Effect: Backstab Every Hit [303]","Irrelevant","Constant Value","The targetted creature(s) will backstab with every hit.

The Constant Value parameter should be set to 1.

The effect modifies stat #192 to param2."

300,1,"NPC Bump [300]","Undetermined","Constant Value","The character could be placed anywhere in the searchmap. (Placement is unaffected by searchmap).

The effect modifies stat #190 to param2."

Doesn't effect #184 [passwall] do exactly the same thing?

Something minor I would like to say is target type #4 (displayed as 'all living' in DLTCEP, but better known as 'global') works on doors and containers and other inanimate objects as well.

-Galactygon

I think ExistanceDelayModifier alters the way how corpses are removed, but i'm not sure.

NPCBump probably makes NPC's bumpable, but this isn't sure either.

On the fx level they simply set a stat.

Either this stat is used later, somewhere deep in the code, or not at all.

The NPCBump stat definitely has an effect (it allows the creatures to push other characters out of the way); I just didn't ever want to see the default behavior and how NPCBump affects it (I'm pretty sure it just allows hostiles to push non-hostile creatures, but I can't imagine why that would have even been worth coding up and using).

I did one test on ExistanceDelayOverride, but it had no discernible effect.

I think neutrals can also bump (in certain circumstances, at least). I can't remember how I tested it, but I think the net result was that it allowed enemies to push other allegiances out of the way (normally, non-enemies and enemies can only collide and are unable to navigate "through" each other).

But like I said, I can't imagine how approaching one of the developers to implement this ever came about (the only thing I can think of is that it may have been to get better behavior from the dragons or other freaky-large creatures).

I would like to make another addition:

For Cast Spell at Point [#148], Setting "Type" to 2 will make the targets (denoted as Pre-target) cast the spell at the target point rather than the caster (denoted as Self). I haven't tested this for Opcode #146, but I am guessing it works there too.

-Galactygon

301,1,"Stat: Critical Hit Modifier [301]","Statistic Modifier","Irrelevant","This effect improves the Critical Hit chances.

Critical hits will occur on a roll (on a 1d20) greater or equal to:

20 - 'Statistic Modifier'

The effect modifies stat #146 to param2."

Through a bit of testing today, I believe that this opcode works differently from the way described above. In my testing, it seemed to increase the critical range of the character by the value of parameter 1 - ie. if it was set to '2' a character that normally scored a crit on a roll of 20 would now score a crit on 18, 19, or 20. It seems to be cumulative with the bonuses gained from Two Handed Weapon and Single Weapon Style, but not with itself. Negative values also seem to work in decreasing the critical range, and it is possible to disable the automatic Critical Hit on a 20 or override the Critical Miss on a 1 with a Critical Hit. The Critical Strike and Smite HLAs still function normally if the normal Critical Hit has been disabled using a negative value. If it is applied to a weapon on equip, it will grant the same effect to any weapon equipped in the other hand.

You wrote:

" if it was set to '2' a character that normally scored a crit on a roll of 20 would now score a crit on 18, 19, or 20."

I wrote:

"Critical hits will occur on a roll (on a 1d20) greater or equal to:

20 - 'Statistic Modifier'"

20-2 = 18

So, we both wrote the same thing.

Archived