Conflict with cleric and druid HLA tables from Refinements

Bursk

Guest Guest

I want to use Bard HLAs from Rogue Rebalancing mod that is installed after Refinements. Which extra *.2DA files I need to erase from Refinements/Hlab/Multiclass/copy/?

Guest Guest

Thanks aVENGER i will remeber this. In fact I still prefer your HLAs for Bard but I don't know what files I should remove from Ref's Multiclass folder.

In case you want to use only Rogue Rebalancing and Divine Remix (without installing Refinements or Big Picture) there is no need to remove any files since the latest version of Rogue Rebalancing is fully compatible with Divine Remix. However, if you plan on using Big Picture you might be better off asking for advice in this forum.

BTW, I should note that it is not possible to have the Rogue Rebalancing versions of the Bard HLA's if Refinements is installed, because Refinements automatically supersedes the Rogue Rebalancing HLAs with its own. And since both sets of HLA's are pretty much the same (as they are both based off the same source material) I don't really see any problem with that.

Now that I'm actually trying to implement this, I've rapidly come to the conclusion that it's simply an intractable compatibility problem.

I originally thought we could stick all of the Refs HLAs into spheres and then just build the HLA tables the same way we do with the existing HLAs. However, there's all sorts of cross-linkage, exclusions, and dependencies (look at how many require Enlightenment, for example) in the Ref HLAs that make it nearly impossible to sort out. It's further complicated that many are not spells but abilities or enhancements, sometimes for a specific kit, and can not be generally treated.

Long story short, this isn't going to happen. If you install Refinements before DR, you'll end up with DR HLA tables for all cleric and druid kits and Refinements for everything else. If you install DR and then Refinements, you'll have DR HLA tables for the new cleric kits (Silverstars, Painbearers, etc.) but Refinements for everything else (rangers, original BioWare cleric kits, vanilla clerics, etc.).

Archived