More bugs (2.4)

Guest Your usual guest

Guest Your usual guest

Got a few more for you Meira:

If you do not leave the area (at least I didn't) when ordering the tailor to craft the armor/cloak but rest/wait at the promenade instead, it takes around 3 days for the cloak and 5 days for the armor to be ready instead of 1 and 2 respectively.

Tried this by resting (8hr per rest) and susbsequent CTRL+T (advance clock 1 hr)

If you pick up Amber after spellhold (or at least dropped Amber before you went to spellhold AND the romance is not advanced far enough) you may not get the last few LTs because one of them requires you to be in Brynnlaw.

There are a few undetectable (even with find trap skill 240 or find traps spell) traps on the upper floors of ymmyrts mansion. The room with the nymphs. Makes them undisarmable too that way.

Lorraine's son, when raised by Lorraine at the contraption, will walk to speak with you instead of her and talk about how Lorraine is already dead (actually how her soul has already ascended, but means same thing really) and he will join her soon.

Oddly enough, Lorraine is alive and well and I can talk to her afterwards...

If you do not leave the area (at least I didn't) when ordering the tailor to craft the armor/cloak but rest/wait at the promenade instead, it takes around 3 days for the cloak and 5 days for the armor to be ready instead of 1 and 2 respectively.

Tried this by resting (8hr per rest) and susbsequent CTRL+T (advance clock 1 hr)

I'll check that out.

If you pick up Amber after spellhold (or at least dropped Amber before you went to spellhold AND the romance is not advanced far enough) you may not get the last few LTs because one of them requires you to be in Brynnlaw.

Can you be more specific? It's just that *I* can't think of a lovetalk (or friend talk) that would require you to be in Brynlaw. One of the chapter talks is set in Brynlaw, but those are not depending on the romance (or in general on each other). Brynlaw is also one of the possible locations of the lovetalks about the sea, but there are other possible locations for that too.

There are a few undetectable (even with find trap skill 240 or find traps spell) traps on the upper floors of ymmyrts mansion. The room with the nymphs. Makes them undisarmable too that way.

That's intentional and not unheard of in the original game. If you look carefully you'll learn which 3 floor tiles launch the arrow. The fact that the trap can't be found is partly the reason why it's not an extremely deadly trap.

Lorraine's son, when raised by Lorraine at the contraption, will walk to speak with you instead of her and talk about how Lorraine is already dead (actually how her soul has already ascended, but means same thing really) and he will join her soon.

Whoa... Do you have a savegame before this? The ghost should check if she's dead or not. I don't know how the trigger Dead() could return true if the creature specified is not dead. ???

Guest Jeremiah Nuzzbaum

Another bug: Amber keeps asking me: "Can I ask you something personal, CHARNAME?", to which my only possible reply is: "Not right now. Can you not see I am busy?" This has happened already three or four times since we left the Underdark.

I haven't been able to romance her because:

1. CHARNAME didn't have the requisite INT or CHR when I first got her (I SKed them up later, but then learned that it wouldn't help the romance).

2. CHARNAME was involved with Jaheira (she's gone now, I kicked her out after her Harper friends turned on me)

3. CHARNAME is currently romancing Tashia.

4. I do have the multi-romance patch installed.

Another bug: Amber keeps asking me: "Can I ask you something personal, CHARNAME?", to which my only possible reply is: "Not right now. Can you not see I am busy?" This has happened already three or four times since we left the Underdark.

What's your character's class?

Whoa... Do you have a savegame before this? The ghost should check if she's dead or not. I don't know how the trigger Dead() could return true if the creature specified is not dead. ???

I'll check. if I do have one, I'll send you via email. I doubt I do though.

Its reproducible every time since I went through the entire ymmyrt mansion quest about 4 times total (trying some dialog options)

What's your character's class?

Ranger dualled to Cleric.

I take that cleric part is kitless?

Yup, both ranger and cleric are kitless.

Can you copy paste here the contents of your weidu.log? You can find it in your main bg2 folder and open it in any text editor. If you can also email <amber@welho.net> me copies of the files called kit.ids and class.ids from the override folder, it could be helpful.

The talk in question is this:

IF ~Global("M#AmberTalk","Locals",65)

Global("M#AmberMatch","GLOBAL",1)

!StateCheck(Player1,STATE_HELPLESS)

!StateCheck(Player1,STATE_STUNNED)

!StateCheck(Player1,STATE_SLEEPING)

!StateCheck(Player1,STATE_SILENCED)~ THEN BEGIN LT8Begin

SAY @6794

IF ~!Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)~ THEN REPLY @6795 GOTO LT8NotCleric

IF ~Class(Player1,CLERIC_ALL)

!Kit(Player1,GODTALOS)

!Kit(Player1,GODHELM)

!Kit(Player1,GODLATHANDER)~ THEN REPLY @6795 GOTO LT8General

Kit(Player1,GODTALOS)~ THEN REPLY @6795 GOTO LT8Talos

Kit(Player1,GODHELM)~ THEN REPLY @6795 GOTO LT8Helm

Kit(Player1,GODLATHANDER)~ THEN REPLY @6795 GOTO LT8Lathander

IF ~~ THEN REPLY @6796 GOTO LT8Out

END

I know it looks like a mess, but basically you should have two reply options available. The one you're getting is IF ~~ THEN REPLY @6796 GOTO LT8Out. You should also be getting the second reply option on the list too, since your character is a cleric dual-class and doesn't have cleric kit.

If either of the .ids files is damaged or incorrectly patched by a mod it could lead to the strangeness we are experiencing here. If you can't find the class.ids in you override folder it means it has not been altered from the game's original file and it should be all right.

That's true, even though I think it's unlikely that a mod would alter Amber's dlg specifically. However, in case that something alters all dialogues... Guest, if you can send a copy of m#ambern.dlg from the override, I could take a look at that too.

Can you copy paste here the contents of your weidu.log?

Here it is. FWIW, I've only installed some of the components for many of these mods.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #105 // Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks

~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keto-SOA NPC V2

~SETUP-YASRAENA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Yasraena v7 (BG2:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nethrin & Sillara of the Tamari

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse

~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen's Original Portrait

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Aerie/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #7 // Jaheira/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #9 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #11 // Viconia/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB

~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #15 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For TOB (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // General AI Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature Improvements

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Creature & Area Improvements -> Boss Improvements Only

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Extended Reynald Sequence

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Intrigue In The Copper Coronet

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Revised Hell Trials

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Burglary Of The Bookkeeper

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // The Tragedy Of Besamen

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Further Slaver Involvement

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Sending The Solamnic Knights Home

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Nazariel The Lich

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Reward Negotiation

~SETUP-D0QUESTPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Infernal Thievery

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades

~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Change Imoen's Avatar to Mage

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #30 // Change Nalia's Avatar to Thief

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1050 // Gradual Drow Item Disintegration

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1140 // Gems and Potions Require Identification

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2180 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2191 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Identification Ability is Based on Storekeeper's Lore

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tashia NPC Mod -> Full version (ToB required)

~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tashia Add-on Pack by Bri and Lord Ernie (English only, Tashia ToB Required) -> Baldurized Dialogues

~SETUP-TASHIA.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate portrait for Tashia. -> Tashia's Alternate Portrait 1 - Created by Amalthea.

~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA

~AURENASEPH/SETUP-AURENASEPH.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auren Aseph V4 for BG2:SoA

~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)

~CAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install the Cal(culator) mod?

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

For Lorraine I'd really need a savegame, like I said above.

The ghost's and Lorraine's interaction is working like intended in my game. The ghost boy's script and dialog files check (as seen below) if Lorraine is dead or not. I can't see the fault if there is one in there. If you have Shadowkeeper you could if GLOBAL variable called SPRITE_IS_DEADM#LORRAINE is set. Not that I would really know why it would be set if she's not really dead. ???

Script: (! stands here for 'not')

IF

!Dead("m#lorraine")

InActiveArea("m#lorraine")

Global("M#LorSonGone","M#AR06",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

MoveToObject("m#lorraine")

Dialog("m#lorraine")

END

IF

!Dead("m#lorraine")

!InActiveArea("m#lorraine")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

StartDialogNoSet(Player1)

END

IF

Dead("m#lorraine")

THEN

RESPONSE #100

MoveToObject(Player1)

Dialog(Player1)

END

Dialog:

IF ~!Dead("m#lorraine")

InActiveArea("m#lorraine")~ THEN BEGIN GreetsLorraine

SAY @3270 /* @3270 = ~Mother, Mother you did it! You saved me from that evil man.~ */

IF ~~ THEN EXTERN M#LORRAI GreetingSon

END

IF ~!Dead("m#lorraine")

!InActiveArea("m#lorraine")~ THEN BEGIN LorraineNotHere

SAY @3273 /* @3273 = ~Who... Who are you? Where is Mother? I thought for sure that she would save me.~ */

IF ~~ THEN DO ~FaceObject(Player1)~ GOTO FindLorraine

END

IF ~Dead("m#lorraine")~ THEN BEGIN LorraineNotHere

SAY @3273 /* @3273 = ~Who... Who are you? Where is Mother? I thought for sure that she would save me.~ */

=

@3275 /* @3275 = ~She has gone before me, hasn't she?~ */

IF ~Global("M#KilledLorraine","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN GOTO Lament

IF ~Gender(player1,MALE)

Global("M#KilledLorraine","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN DO ~FaceObject(Player1)~ GOTO KilledLorraineA

IF ~Gender(player1,FEMALE)

Global("M#KilledLorraine","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN DO ~FaceObject(Player1)~ GOTO KilledLorraineB

END

If by time issue you mean the tailors timers, they're currently set like this:

SetGlobalTimer("M#RashrynMakingCloakTime","Locals",7200)

and

SetGlobalTimer("M#RashrynMakingRobeTime","Locals",14400)

If it takes twice as long as intended, I guess I have miscalculated the game time. It's not a critical error, though and I'll re-set and test the timers before the next version.

Archived