Fates Gates

no way to bring him back then?

i should probably play this mod more. i have it installed but ive never really played it. too busy, dont get to play as much as i would like and i have to finish my current run through

No, this is intentional. He's dead.

I have a question which may sound silly, but I'm gonna go ahead and ask, because I'm awfully curious. ;) Why is that? Why would Kivan be dead at the time the PC asks about him to the Fate Spirits in the Pocket Plane? Is it because you surmised that he has returned to Shilmista alone and has killed himself as is implied in one of the conversations (can't remember which one it was exactly, I think it's the one called "KivanCatch2") ? Sorry, just curious. ;) I've never had this problem, because each time I played with him in my party, he was carried over from SoA, and when I have a party, I usually don't change it that much, so never use the Spirits. :D

Yep, he returned to Shilmista and departed for Arvanaith. Elves don't have to kill themselves, they can just depart at will. There is just no real reason for him to dally with PC in Suldanessellar long enough to find out about the War of Five.

Plus the ToB portion starts where the SoA left off and it is written for a happier Kivan, either because he has Deheriana or PC's romance is active. Enabling him for ToB only would require writing a whole new ToB-only NPC. Which brings the problems again with breaking the basics of his story and building the friendship from 0 up, which will be boring for someone who did play BG1/SoA. Obviously, I can drag him right out of Arvanaith and then he'll be a sad man who remembers little of his life and the PC, and have nothing but anger on the account of being forced to walk the Material Plane again.... ;)

Yep, he returned to Shilmista and departed for Arvanaith. Elves don't have to kill themselves, they can just depart at will. There is just no real reason for him to dally with PC in Suldanessellar long enough to find out about the War of Five.

Oops, now I sound ignorant. ;) I had no idea elves could just... leave!

And I prided myself on my love and knowledge of elves! :D

Plus the ToB portion starts where the SoA left off and it is written for a happier Kivan, either because he has Deheriana or PC's romance is active. Enabling him for ToB only would require writing a whole new ToB-only NPC. Which brings the problems again with breaking the basics of his story and building the friendship from 0 up, which will be boring for someone who did play BG1/SoA. Obviously, I can drag him right out of Arvanaith and then he'll be a sad man who remembers little of his life and the PC, and have nothing but anger on the account of being forced to walk the Material Plane again.... :D

Oh! Well, that makes total sense to me! Thanks a bunch for clearing that up, Domi!! ;)

Archived