About This File
The Icewind Dale Fixpack is designed to fix several bugs and errors that remain in the game after the official patches have been applied. It works on with or without the expansions Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster installed. In fact, many issues quietly fixed by Heart of Winter or Trials of the Luremaster have been rolled back to every version of the game. This originally started as a component of the IWD Tweak Pack, but was broken out in to its own mod because 1) it's gotten fairly extensive on its own and 2) it should be installed right after the official patches whereas the tweaks should be last installed.
What's New in Version v2 See changelog
- Documentation split out and expanded in the style of BG2 Fixpack v10
- Added several new fixes courtesy of devSin, who had his own SEKRIT, unreleased fixpack that he was kind enough to share. The majority of fixes in this version is thanks to combing through his personal fixes and applying them
- Corrections from v1 The paperdoll fixes were being applied to human female fighters, breaking them (redrake)
- Random Treasure Table leaves the undroppable, valid items to keep the original weighting of the table
- Identified additional enemies in the Severed Hand that were healing the party
- Rolled back some of the sahuagin priestess script fixes (specifically, the DV changes) as they were working as intended
- Adjusted the bug with Marketh's thieves spawning on top of each other to be a little more robust and a lot more compact
- The fix for Misery's Herald worked and provided Horror on hit, but it propagated the existing erroneous saves. This is corrected, and an additional safeguard to prevent Horror from affecting undead has been added.
- The English Game Text Update was killing the narration in one of the chapter breaks, which is fixed.
- With version v2: